¹Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
²Namangan State University, Namangan, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Yodgor Mirzo Nurmatov, Head of the department of pediatric urology and adolescent gynecology, Namangan regional children's multi-disciplinary medical center. 9,Ulugbek Street, 717104, Namangan region, Namangan district, village Irvadan, Uzbekistan. Tel: 998-93-9419777 (mobile). E-mail: email@example.com
Published: June 25, 2013
This article presents the results of the surgical treatment of the posterior urethral valves (PUV) in 58 children (between 2 months and 15 years of age), between 1998 and 2009. In all, 26 patients were treated using the endoscopic method (EM) and 32 patients were treated by the proposed method, using a metallic urethrotome (MU). Diagnosis of the urethral valves was done using ultrasonography, voiding cystourethrogram, urethrocystoscopy, uroflowmetry and cystomanometry. Mathematical modeling was applied to assess the treatment methods. The proposed method, using the metallic urethrotome, was preferable to the endoscopic method.
- Beknazarov JB. The vesico-endoscopic puncture of bladder (methodical recommendation). Tashkent, 2000. [Recommendation in Russian].
- Wisniewski EL, Geldt VG, Nikolaev NS. Urodynamic evaluation of lower urinary tract in young children. Russ J Perinatol Pediatr 2003; 5:46-50. [Article in Russian].
- Manzoni C, Valentini AL. Posterior urethral valves. Rays 2002; 27(2):131-4.
- Geldt VG, Kuzovleva GI. Diagnosis of urinary tract malformations in newborns and infants. Pediatr 2006; 1:87-94. [Article in Russian].
- Hitchcock RJ, Sadiq MJ. Button vesicostomy: a continent urinary stoma. J Pediatr Urol 2007; 3(2):104-8.
- Kleppe S, Schmitt, Geipel A, Gembruch U, Hansmann M, Bartmann P, et al. Impact of prenatal urinomas in patients with posterior urethral valves and postnatal renal function. J Perinat Med 2006; 34(5):425-8.
- Shittu OB, Asinobi AO. Long-term outcome of posterior urethral valves ablation using the Mohan’s urethral valvotome. West Afr J Med2004; 23(1):35-7.
- Geavlete P, Cauni V, Georgesvu D. Value of preoperative urethral ultrasound in optic internal urethrotomy. Eur Urol 2005; 47(6):865-71.
- Ban Hani O, Prelog K, Smith GH. A method to assess posterior urethral valve ablation. J Urol 2006; 176(1):303-5.
- Soliman SM. Primary ablation of posterior urethral valves in low birth weight neonates by a visually guided Fogarty embolectomy catheter. J Urol 2009; 181(5):2284-9.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(2):100-103. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved