Far Eastern Scientific Center of Physiology and Pathology of Respiration, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Blagoveshchensk, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Prof. Michael T. Lucenko, PhD, ScD, Academician of RAMS, Head of Far Eastern Scientific Center of Physiology and Pathology of Respiration SB of RAMS, 95A, Gorky str., 675000, Blagoveshchensk, Russian Federation. Phone: 8 -416-2-52-2922 E-mail: Lucencomt@mail.ru
Published: June 25, 2013
The characteristic features of the cord blood and endothelium of the umbilical vessels from newborns delivered by mothers experiencing an exacerbation of chronic cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection during gestation has been studied. Exacerbation of the chronic CMV infection was found to increase during pregnancy and sharply affect the function of gas transport in both the maternal and fetal blood. Lipid peroxidation in the maternal blood as well as in the fetal blood was seen to increase, which was reflected in the characteristic endothelial structure and enzymatic activity in the umbilical vessels of the newborns.
- Dorofienko NN. Formation of umbilical cord at early stages of gestation. Bulletin of the physiology and pathology of respiration (Siberian Branch of RAMS) 2011; 41:38-42. [Article in Russian].
- Rubtsova NN. Umbical cord morphology in pregnant women with ARVD. Bulletin of the physiology and pathology of respiration (Siberian Branch of RAMS) 2000; 7: 77-80. [Article in Russian].
- Strizhakov AN, Ignatko IV, Kovaleva LG. Formation and development of intraplacental blood flow during physiological pregnancy. Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996; 2:16-20. [Article in Russian].
- Savelyeva GM, Fedorov MV, Klimenko PA. Placental insufficiency. M: Medicine, 1991. [Book in Russian].
- Fedorova MV, Kalashnikova EP Placenta and its role in pregnancy. M: Medicine, 1986. [Book in Russian].
- Stalnaya ID, Garishvili TG. Method for the determination of malondialdehyde by thiobarbituric acid. M: Medicine, 1977. [Book in Russian].
- Lilly R. Histopathological techniques and practical histochemistry. Translated from English into Russian by VV Portugalova. M.: Mir 1969.
- Korzhevsky DE. Determination of activity of NADPH diaphorase in the rat brain after fixation of different durations. Morphology 1996; 109(3):76-77. [Article in Russian].
- Pierce E. Histochemistry. Translated from English into Russian. M: 1962.
- Dovdgikova IV. Histochemic characteristics of NADPH diaphorase (no-syntase marker), adenilate- and guanilatecyclase in placenta of patients during pregnancy complicated with herpetic infection. Bulletin of the physiology and pathology of respiration (Siberian Branch of RAMS) 2003; 15:14-19. [Article in Russian].
- Karupiah G, Xie W, Buller R, Nathan C, Duarte C, MacMicking JD. Inhibition of viral replication by interferon-gamma-induced nitric oxide syntase. Science 1993; 261(5127):1445-8.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(2):112-114. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.