Vladivostok Affiliation of Far Eastern Research Centre for Physiology and Respiratory Pathology of SB RAMS – Institute of Medical Climatology and Rehabilitative Treatment, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Irina N. Simonova, PhD . Vladivostok Affiliation of Far Eastern Research Centre for Physiology and Respiratory Pathology of SB RAMS – Institute of Medical Climatology and Rehabilitative Treatment. Vladivostok, Russian Federation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: June 25, 2013
The present research aimed at studying the atrial and brain natriuretic peptide (NUP) levels in the blood plasma of patients with Metabolic Syndrome (MS). The research includes 52 patients in total, of which 40 patients with MS constitute the observation group while 12 conventionally healthy people comprise the control group. An increase in the NT-proBNP at 20% (p<0.05) and proANP at 67.8% (p<0.05) was observed in the blood plasma of the patients with MS. We observed a strong correlation between the atrium and brain NUP in the plasma and insulin and the insulin resistance index (IRI) that allows us to consider the NUP levels as the markers of early diagnosis of MS.
1. Eliseev OM. Natriuretic peptides. Evolution of knowledge. Ter Arkh 2003; 75(9):40–5. [Article in Russian].
2. Remme WJ, Swedberg K. Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure, European Society of Cardiology. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic heart failure. Eur Heart J 2001; 22(17):1527–60.
3. Andreev D, Rykov MS. Natriuretic peptides B-type in heart is not enough. Clinich medicina 2004; 6:4–7. [Article in Russian].
4. Bugrimova MA, Savin NM, Vanieva OS. Brain natriuretic peptide as a marker and prognostic factor in chronic heart failure. Kardiologiia 2006; 1:1–56. [Article in Russian].
5. Vizir VA, Berezin AE. Relationship between myocardial remodeling and neurohumoral activation in patients with heart failure. Klin Med (Mosk) 2001; 79(9):21–27. [Article in Russian].
6. National guidelines on Metabolic Syndrome. Cardiovascular therapy and prevention 2009; 8(6), Appendix 2. [Russia].
7. Aleksandrov OV, Alekhin RM, Grigoriev SP. Metabolich syndrome. Ros med zhurn 2006; 6:50–55. [Article in Russian].
8. Chazova IE, Mychka VB Metabolic syndrome. M.: Medica, 2004. [Book in Russian].
9. Ol’binskaia LI, Ignatenko SB. The role of cytokine system in pathogenesis of chronic cardiac insufficiency. Ter Arkh 2001; 73(12):82–4. [Article in Russian].
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(2):67-69. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.