Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education,Tashkent, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Dilorom B. Fayzieva. Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. E-mail: email@example.com
Published: June 25, 2013
In patients with uveitis of infectious etiology, a significant increase in the index of intoxication and acute inflammation (the Leukocyte Intoxication Index -LII), by 3.4 times on average, was observed. At the same time, this increase in the LII index, in our opinion, was due to the decrease in the percentage of eosinophils in the blood, which in turn increased the number of segmented neutrophils and a decrease in the number of lymphocytes. Rheumatic uveitis and systemic disease were accompanied by a significant increase in the IgE levels, not only in the serum, by 2.9 times, on average, but in the LF as well, by 3.5 times, on average. This study revealed that endogenous uveitis of infectious etiology is characterized by high levels of the Leukocyte Intoxication Index and Sensitization Index in the lacrimal fluid.
- Belyamova AF. Some aspects of allergic reactivity and the possibility of their correction in patients with the syndrome of "dry eye". Abstract of PhD Thesis. Saint-Petersburg, 2011. [Abstract in Russian].
- Gabdurahmanova AF, Malkhanov VB, Zaynutdinova GH. Clinical and immunological comparison of the vascular endothelial growth factor level in rheumatoid uveitis. Materials of the conference "Ophtalmoimmunology: Results and Prospects”. Moscow, 2007; p.352-356. [Article in Russian].
- Bikbov MM, Shevchuk NE, Malkhanov VB. Cytokines in the clinical ophthalmology. Ufa, 2008. [Book in Russian].
- Bezdetko PA, Panchenko NV. Violations of cell-mediated immune system in uveitis complicated by increased intraocular pressure. Journal of Ophthalmology 2000; 4:56-59. [Article in Russian].
- Thermal SN, Drozdov EA. The role of the breakdown of the processes regulating the immune response in the pathogenesis of uveitis associated with rheumatic diseases. Journal of Ophthalmology 2008; 3:23-26. [Article in Russian].
- Shaimova VA. The role of proinflammatory cytokines in the eye disease (review). Ophthalmosurgery and therapy 2004; 3(4):30-32. [Article in Russian].
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(2):81-83. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.