International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):133-137.
Originally published June 15, 2020.
This article presents a clinical and laboratory assessment of the effectiveness of the author’s method for pharmacological correction of hypoxic changes at acute pneumoperitoneum (PP) in patients with acute calculous cholecystitis (ACC) during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LCE) (Patent of Ukraine No. 119602). The application of the developed technique allows leveling of ischemic and reperfusion changes that occur during LCE in ACC patients by protectively affecting blood lactate level, statistically significantly reducing it after desufflation. The proposed method reduces the number of cardiovascular complications provoked by ischemic disorders on the background of PP by 3.79 times (P<0.05).
1. Slonetskyi B, Tutchenko M, Verbitskyi І, Roschin G. Role of minimally invasive technologies in treatment of acute surgical diseases of abdominal cavity. Emergency medicine. 2018;7(1):19–25.
2. Natroshvili IG, Prudkov MI. How active should be surgical tactic in treatment of acute cholecystitis? RUDN Journal of Medicine. 2019;23(2):156–167. doi. 10.22363/2313-0245-2019-23-2-156-167. [Article in Russian].
3. Goh JC, Tan JK, Lim JW, Shridhar IG, Madhavan K, Kow AW. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis: an analysis of early versus delayed cholecystectomy and predictive factors for conversion. Minerva Chir. 2017;72(6):455–463. doi.10.23736/S0026-4733.17.07412-0.
4. Brooks KR, Scarborough JE, Vaslef SN, Shapiro ML. No need to wait: an analysis of the timing of cholecystectomy during admission for acute cholecystitis using the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013;74(1):167–73; 173–4. doi. 10.1097/TA.0b013e3182788b71.
5. de Mestral C, Hoch JS, Laupacis A, Wijeysundera HC, Rotstein OD, Alali AS, Nathens AB. Early Cholecystectomy for Acute Cholecystitis Offers the Best Outcomes at the Least Cost: A Model-Based Cost-Utility Analysis. J Am Coll Surg. 2016 Feb;222(2):185–94. doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2015.10.015.
6. Leschenko IG, Kachanov VA, Polovkov AS, Dyakov GV, Sergeychev AK, Katasonov MV, et al. The question of tactics and elderly patients with acute senile destructive cholecystitis. Tol'yattinskij medicinskij konsilium. 2014;(1–2):22–30. [Article in Russian].
7. Kossaeva SB, Aimagambetov MZh. [Modern view on the diagnosis and treatment of acute cholecystitis in persons Over 60 years of age. A literature review]. Science & Healthcare. 2018; 20(2);148–167. [Article in Russian].
8. Okamoto K, Suzuki K, Takada T, Strasberg SM, Asbun HJ, Endo I, et al. Tokyo Guidelines 2018: flowchart for the management of acute cholecystitis. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2018;25(1):55–72. doi: 10.1002/jhbp.516.
9. Ozkardeş AB, Tokaç M, Dumlu EG, Bozkurt B, Ciftçi AB, Yetişir F, Kiliç M. Early Versus Delayed Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Acute Cholecystitis: A Prospective, Randomized Study. Int Surg. 2014;99(1):56–61. doi: 10.9738/INTSURG-D-13-00068.1
10. Gul R, Dar RA, Sheikh RA, Salroo NA, Matoo AR, Wani SH. Comparison of Early and Delayed Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Acute Cholecystitis: Experience from A Single Center. N Am J Med Sci. 2013;5(7):414–418. doi: 10.4103/1947-2714.115783
11. Saber A, Hokkam EN. Operative outcome and patient satisfaction in early and delayed laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis. Minim Invasive Surg. 2014;2014:162643. doi: 10.1155/2014/162643.
12. Shlyk IV, Zakharenko АА, Panafidina VА, Trushin АА, Ten OА. [Impact of intra-operative intra-abdominal hypertension on the course of post-operative period in the patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer]. Messenger of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation. 2017;14(6):28–36. doi:10.21292/2078-5658-2017-14-6-28-36. [Article in Russian].
13. Velichko EA, Nekrasov AY, Sergeev AV. [The role laparoscopic without gas in treatment patients with acute cholecystitis with high anesthesiology-operations risk]. Klinicheskaya gerontologiya. 2015;(11–12):7–13. [Article in Russian].
14. Hryvenko SH, Golomidov OM, inventors; Hryvenko SH, Golomidov OM, assignees. Method for the prevention and treatment of hypoxic changes in carboperitoneum. Ukraine patent UA 119602. 2017 September 25. [in Ukrainian].
Received April 17, 2020.
Accepted May 17, 2020.
©2020 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.