International Journal of Biomedicine. 2021;11(2):164-168.
Originally published June 5, 2021
All stages of a surgical dental extraction are accompanied by risks of various complications. Many ways and methods have been created in order to prevent the development of complications of different genesis. However, this issue still remains relevant since dental surgeons face the challenge of inflammation problems during the post-extraction period. The use of male Wistar rats as a model organism for a surgical extraction of a lower incisor allows us to conduct visual, histological and immunohistochemical evaluations of the wound healing process. The main objective of this study was to compare the effect of ionic silver solution and hydrogen water in high concentration when irrigating the operational field of a surgical dental extraction on the lower jaw.
The results obtained showed that the use of water with an increased content of molecular hydrogen during the treatment is able to stimulate the recovery of the EM of the connective periodontal tissue to a greater extent than the ionic silver solution, connected to the participation of MCs and their secretome.
- Dallaserra M, Poblete F, Vergara C, Cortés R, Araya I, Yanine N, Villanueva J. Infectious postoperative complications in oral surgery. An observational study. J Clin Exp Dent. 2020 Jan 1;12(1):e65-e70. doi: 10.4317/medoral.55982.
- Malkawi Z, Al-Omiri MK, Khraisat A. Risk indicators of postoperative complications following surgical extraction of lower third molars. Med Princ Pract. 2011;20(4):321-5. doi: 10.1159/000324550.
- Shigeishi H, Ohta K, Takechi M. Risk factors for postoperative complications following oral surgery. J Appl Oral Sci. 2015 Jul-Aug;23(4):419-23. doi: 10.1590/1678-775720150130.
- Sato J, Goto J, Harahashi A, Murata T, Hata H, Yamazaki Y, Satoh A, Notani K, Kitagawa Y. Oral health care reduces the risk of postoperative surgical site infection in inpatients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Support Care Cancer. 2011 Mar;19(3):409-16. doi: 10.1007/s00520-010-0853-6.
- Lodi G, Azzi L, Varoni EM, Pentenero M, Del Fabbro M, Carrassi A, Sardella A, Manfredi M. Antibiotics to prevent complications following tooth extractions. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2021 Feb 24;2:CD003811. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD003811.pub3.
- Atiakshin D, Buchwalow I, Tiemann M. Mast cells and collagen fibrillogenesis. Histochem Cell Biol. 2020 Jul;154(1):21-40. doi: 10.1007/s00418-020-01875-9.
- Atiakshin D, Buchwalow I, Samoilova V, Tiemann M. Tryptase as a polyfunctional component of mast cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2018 May;149(5):461-477. doi: 10.1007/s00418-018-1659-8.
©2021 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.