Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Nargiza N. Ergasheva. Tashkent Medical Pediatric Institute. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. E-mail: email@example.com
Published: March 25, 2014.
This study presents an analysis of the neurological manifestations in 88 children with congenital cerebrospinal hernia (CCH) from the age of one day right up to 12 years old. Hernia in the forms of meningomyelocele and meningoradiculocele is most frequently localized in the lumbosacral spine. The frequency and severity of these neurological disorders are dependent upon the dimensions and the morphological forms of the hernia, as well as the nature of the complications and associated conditions.
- Akhmediev MM, Makhmudov ShD, Vakkasov NI, Ahmedieva Sh.R. Comprehensive treatment of congenital malformations of the primary neural tube in children. Materials of scientific and practical conference "Problems of reconstructive and restorative neurosurgery". Crimea, 7-8 October 2010; P: 11.
- Barashnev YuI, Bakharev VA, Novikov PV. Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and hereditary diseases in children. M: Triad – X; 2004.
- Gavryushov VV, Zubarev EA, Efimov MS. Ultrasonic diagnosis of brain damage in newborns. In: Strizhakova AN, Bunina AT, Medvedev MV, editors. Ultrasound in obstetrics clinic. Moscow: Medicine; 1990:190-202.
- Nemilova TK, Voronin DV, Shapkayts VA. Antenatal diagnosis and tactics in malformations of the fetus and newborn. Handbook. SPB; 2002.
- Syrchin EF, Zyabrov AA Voronov VG, Kutumov EB, Voronov VG, Ivanov AA, et al. Informational content of the diagnostic studies of the spinal cord and spine malformations according to evidence-based medicine. “Polenov reading”. Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. St. Petersburg; 2010:340.
- Shodiev ASh, Mamadaliev AM, Choriyev UKh. To the issue of improving treatments for spinal hernias. “Polenov reading”. Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. St. Petersburg; 2007:296.
- Kulakov VI, Isakov YuF, Baybarina EN. Perinatal diagnosis and treatment of congenital malformations at the present stage. Russian bulletin of perinatology and pediatrics. Moscow, 2006; 6:???
- Kariev GM, Ahmediev MM, Ahmedieva ShR. Malformations of the spine and spinal cord at an early age. Darmon, 2010; 2 (53): 6.
- Matveeva SP, Semenov PN, Lutsyk AA Clinico-diagnostic characteristics of congenital malformations of the spinal cord and spine. “Polenov reading”. Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. St. Petersburg; 2007:273.
- Matchanova AT. The role of perinatal diagnosis of congenital malformations in the reduction of perinatal losses. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Tashkent; 1998.
- Boyer KM, Yeates KO, Enrile BG. Working memory and information processing speed in children with myelomeningocele and shunted hydrocefalus: analysis of the children’s paced auditory serial addition test. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 2006; 12(3):305-13.
- Kıymaz N, Yılmaz N, Güdü BO, Demir I, Kozan A. Cervical spinal dysraphism. Pediatr Neurosurg 2010; 46(5):351-6.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2014; 4(1):36-39. © 2014 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.