Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry named after A.I. Evdokimov, Moscow, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Darya Makarova MD, assistant of Department of Radiology of Moscow State Medical University of Medicine and Dentistry named after A.I. Evdokoimov. 9a Vucheticha st, Moscow, Russian Federation. Phone number: +7(495) 611-01-77. Е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: June 25, 2013
An analysis of the capabilities of cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) in the assessment of the form and structure of wrist and hand bones was the aim of the research. Cone-beam CT of wrist and hand was conducted in a group of voluntary patients, which included 40 members aged 22-68 years. Magnetic resonance imaging (МRI) was carried out in 80.0% (n=32) of cases, multislice computed tomography (MSCT) in 40.0% (n=16) of cases. In 62.5 % (n=25) of cases, digital microfocus radiography on X-ray unit Pardus (Russia) and standard radiography of wrist and hand were conducted. According to the results of the research, CBCT shows a high efficiency in detection of form, measurements and structural changes of bones of the anatomic region.
- Trofimova Т. X-ray human anatomy. SPb.: Publishing House SPbMAPO, 2005. [Book in Russian].
- Stoller DW, Tirman PFJ, Bredella MA. The knee. In: Diagnostic imaging: orthopaedics. Salt Lake City, Utah: Amirsys, 2004.
- Vasilyev А, Bukovskaya Yu. Diagnostics of injuries of wrist joint and wrist: Guide for doctors. М.: GEOTAR-Media, 2008. [Guide in Russian].
- Berguist TH. MRI of the musculoskeletal system. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2006.
- De Cock J, Mermuys K, Goubau J, Van Petegem S, Houthoofd B, Casselman JW. Cone-beam computed tomography: a new low dose, high resolution imaging technique of the wrist, presentation of three cases with technique. Sceletal Radiol 2012; 41(1):93-96. DOI: 10.1007/s00256-011-1198-z.
- Faccioli N, Foti G, Barillari M, Atzei A, Mucelli RP. Finger fractures imaging: accuracy of cone-beam computed tomography and multislice computed tomography. Sceletal Radiol 2010; 39(11):1087-1095. DOI: 10.1007/s00256-010-0911-7.
- Gupta R, Bartling SH, Basu SK, Ross WR, Becker H, Pfoh A, et al. Experimental flat-panel high-spatial-resolution volume CT of the temporal bone. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2004 Sep; 25(8):1417-24.
- Vasil`ev AYu, Blinov NN (Jr.), Egorova EA, Makarova DV, Dutova MD. Opportunities of cone-beam computed tomography in the assessment of condition of bones and joints of wrist. Radiology-Practice 2012; 6: 54-61. [Article in Russian]
- Zubarev А, Gasgenova V, Dolgova I. Ultrasound diagnostics in traumatology: Pract. Guide. М.: Strom; 2003: 91–102. [Pract. Guide in Russian].
- Ramdhian-Wihlm R, Le Minor JM, Schmittbuhl M, Jeantroux J, Mahon PM, Veillon F, et al. Cone-beam computed tomography arthrography: an innovative modality for the evaluation of wrist ligament and cartilage injuries. Sceletal Radiol 2012; 41(8):963-969. DOI: 10.1007/s00256-011-1305-1.
- Mermuys K, Vanslambrouck K, Goubau J, Steyaert L, Casselman JW. Use of digital tomosynthesis: case report of a suspected scaphoid fracture and technique. Sceletal Radiol 2008; 37(6):569-72. DOI: 10.1007/s00256-008-0470-3.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
IJBM 2013; 3(2):119-121. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.