¹Clinic of Internal Medicine, Naval hospital – Military Medical Academy, Varna, Republic of Bulgaria
²Department of Roentgenology and Radiology, Medical University, “St. Marina” Hospital, Varna, Republic of Bulgaria
³Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Medical University, “St. Marina” Hospital, Varna, Republic of Bulgaria
*Corresponding author: Ivaylo Vazharov, MD, PhD. Naval hospital – Military Medical Academy. 3, Hristo Smirnenski st, Varna, Republic of Bulgaria. Tel.: +359 52 386 200; fax: +359 52 302 650. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: June 25, 2013
This is the report of a 59-year-old woman suffering from recurrent vaginal pain and bleeding and episodes of anal bleeding. At the age of 16 she underwent vaginal plastic surgery. The case demonstrates the ulcerative engagement of the vaginal transplant.
1. Hanauer SB. Update on the etiology, pathogenesis and diagnosis of ulcerative colitis. Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 2004; 1(1):26-31.
2. Watts DA, Satsangi J. The genetic jigsaw of inflammatory bowel disease. Gut 2002; 50 (Suppl 3):III31-6.
3. Sartor RB. Role of commensal enteric bacteria in the pathogenesis of immune-mediated intestinal inflammation: lessons from animal models and implications for translational research. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2005; 40 (Suppl 1):S30-1.
4. Loftus EV Jr. Clinical epidemiology of inflammatory bowel disease: incidence, prevalence, and environmental influences. Gastroenterology 2004; 126(6):1504-17.
5. Cabrera-Arreu JC, Davies P, Matek Z, Murphy MS. Performance of blood tests in diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease in a specialist clinic. Arch Dis Child 2004; 89(1):69–71.
6. Bamias G, Nyce MR, De La Rue SA, Cominelli F. New concepts in the pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel disease. Ann Intern Med 2005; 143(12):895-904.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(2):127-128. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.