Binary Vegetative Management of the Lower Urinary Tract Function
Tyumen State Medical Academy, Tyumen, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Vadim B. Berdichevskii, PhD, Department of Surgery with the Urology course. Tyumen State Medical Academy.Tyumen, Russian Federation. E-mail: email@example.com
Published: September 24, 2013
In this article, we review the neurophysiology of the bladder and the lower urinary tract function and discuss logical concepts for the development of novel drug therapy for patients with lower urinary tract dysfunction.
- Muller LR. Das vegetative Nervensistem. Berlin: Springer, 1920.
- Stohrer M, Blok B, Castro-Diaz D, Chartier-Kastler E, Del Popolo G, Kramer G, et al. EAU guidelines on neurogenic lower urinary tract dysfunction. Eur Urol 2009; 56(1):81-8.
- Abrams P, Cardozo L, Fall M, Griffiths D, Rosier P, Ulmsten U, et al. The standardisation of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the Standardisation Sub-committee of the International Continence Society. Neurourol Urodyn 2002; 21(2):167-78.
- Sellers DJ, McKay N. Developments in the pharmacotherapy of the overactive bladder. Curr Opin Urol 2007; 17(4):223-30.
- Cerruto MA, Asimakopoulos AD, Artibani W, Del Popolo G, La Martina M, Carone R, et. al. Insight into new potential targets for the treatment of overactive bladder and detrusor overactivity. Urol Int 2012; 89(1):1-8.
- Yoshida M, Masunaga K, Nagata T, Yono M, Homma Y. The forefront for novel therapeutic agents based on the pathophysiology of lover urinary tract dysfunction: pathophysiology and pharmacotherapy of overactive bladder. J Pharmacol Sci 2010; 112(2):128-34.
- Daly DM, Collins VM, Chapple CR, Grundy D. The afferent system and its role in lower urinary tract dysfunction. Curr Opin Urol. 2011; 21(4):268-74.
- Andersson KE, Arner A. Urinary bladder contraction and relaxation: physiology and pathophysiology. Physiol Rev 2004; 84(3):935-86.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(3):215-216. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.