Far Eastern Scientific Center of Physiology and Pathology of Respiration,Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences,Blagoveshchensk, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Prof. Michael T. Lucenko, PhD, ScD, Academician of RAMS, Head of Far Eastern Scientific Center of Physiology and Pathology of Respiration SB of RAMS, 95A, Gorky str., 675000, Blagoveshchensk, Russian Federation E-mail: Lucencomt@mail.ru; Phone: 8 -416-2-52-2922
Published: September 24, 2013
Chronic cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in pregnant women is accompanied by the accumulation of large amounts of the circulating immune complexes (CIC) in the peripheral blood. On reaching the placental villous syncytiotrophoblast, the CIC induce a concentration of lysosomes of the syncytiotrophoblast cytosol on the outer membrane of the fetoplacental barrier. Contact between the circulating CIC and the lysosomes on the outer syncytiotrophoblast membrane triggers the release and expression, on its surface, of acidic phosphomonoesterase, which leads to lipid peroxidation and damage to the outer syncytiotrophoblast membrane itself.
- Dolgykh VT. Fundamentals of immunopathology. Nizhny Novgorod, 1998. [Book in Russian]
- Gabekova KA. The role of fixed placental immune complexes in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia. Abstract of PhD Thesis. St. Petersburg,1999. [Abstract in Russian].
- Solovieva AS.Cellular and humoral immune indices in pregnant patients with herpes virusinfection. Bull Physiol Pathol Resp 2005; 20:7-11.[Article in Russian].
- Solovieva AS, Lucenko MT. Circulating immune complexes in pregnant women under herpes virus infection. Far Eastern Med J 2008; 1:54-56.[Article in Russian].
- Lucenko MT. Morphofunctional characteristics of the fetoplacental barrier in herpes virus infection. Bulletin of the Far Eastern Branch of RAS 2004; 3:155-166.[Article in Russian].
- Pigarevsky VE. Granular leukocytes and their properties. M.: "Medicine"; 1978. [Book in Russian].
- Pierce E. Histochemistry. Translated from English into Russian. M: 1962.
- Lucenko MT. A method for evaluating the permeability of the placental villous syncytiotrophoblast membrane using a metachromasia in obstetric patients undergoing third-trimester exacerbation of herpes virus infection with antibody titers 1:12800. Patent of the Russian Federation, # 2463604;10.10.2012.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(3):174-176. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.