1Research Institute of Hygiene and Health Protection of Children and Adolescents, Scientific Center of Children’s Health of RAMS, Moscow, Russian Federation
2The Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov, Moscow, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Olga Yu. Milushkina, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Hygiene, The Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov, 1,Ostrovitianov street, Moscow, 117997, Russian Federation. Tel: + 8916-656-80-20 (mobile). E-mail: email@example.com
The study of the physical development of pupils over the last 50 years has established some features regarding the formation of morphological and functional parameters of schoolchildren. The studies were conducted using longitudinal and cross-sectional methods, which contribute to a more detailed analysis of the results. The lifestyle of students in Moscow and the factors influencing the physical capacity of the adolescents were studied, employing the questionnaire method.
- Bogomolova ES. Hygienic substantiation of monitoring the growth and development of the pupils in the system "health ¨ C environment". Abstract of PhD Thesis. Nizhny Novgorod, 2010. [in Russian].
- Malina RM, Peña Reyes ME, Little BB. Secular change in heights of indigenous adults from a zapotec-speaking community in Oaxaca, Southern Mexico. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 2010; 141 (3):463-75.
- Kryst L, Kowal M, Woronkowicz A, et al. Secular changes in height, body weight, body mass index and pubertal development in male children and adolescents in Krakow, Poland. J Biosoc Sci 2012; 6:1-13.
- Chagaev N, Popova I, Tokarev A, et al. Comparative characteristics of physiometric indicators of physical development of pupils. Hygiene and sanitation. 2011; 2:72-5. [in Russian]
- Nader PR, Nelson JA. Television’s influence on children’s diet and physical inactivity. Journal of Development and Behavioral Pediatrics 1989; 10:176-80.
- Kislitsyna OA. Health factors of children of junior and middle school age. Social Aspects of Public Health 2009; 9:1. URL: http://vestnik.mednet.ru/content/view/106/30/lang.ru/ (Date of appeal 07/06/2012). [in Russian].
- Baranov A, Kuchma V, Yampolskaya Yu, et al. Methods for studying the physical development of children and adolescents in population monitoring: Guidelines for physicians. Moskow, 1999. [in Russian]
- Milushkina O, Bokareva N, Skoblina N, et al. The effect of the expanded motor regimen on the physical development of schoolchildren. Physical Culture: upbringing, education, training 2012; 6:50-2. [in Russian].
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2012; 2(4):282-284. © 2012 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.