¹Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
²Namangan State University, Namangan, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Yodgor Mirzo Nurmatov, Head of the department of pediatric urology and adolescent gynecology, Namangan regional children's multi-disciplinary medical center. 9,Ulugbek Street, 717104, Namangan region, Namangan district, village Irvadan, Uzbekistan. Tel: 998-93-9419777 (mobile). E-mail: email@example.com
This paper presents the results of research and treatments in 41 children (from two months to 15 years of age) with urethral valves. In all, 16 patients were treated using the endoscopic method, 7 patients by employing the polyethylene urethrotome and 18 patients treated by the proposed method, using a metallic urethrotome. Diagnosis of the urethral valves was done using ultrasonography, voiding cystourethrogram, urethrocystoscopy, uroflowmetry and cystomanometry. Mathematical modeling was applied to assess the treatment methods. The proposed method, using the metallic urethrotome, was preferable to the endoscopic method.
- Wisniewski EL, Loran OB, Pushkar D. Uroflowmetry. Moscow, 2004. [in Russian].
- Loran OB, Wisniewski EL, Wisniewski AE. Treatment of urination disorders in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia with α-blockers. Moscow, 1998. [in Russian].
- Blaivas J, Chancellor M. Atlas of Urodynamics. Philadelphia: William & Wilkins, 1996.
- Abrams PH, Griffiths DJ. The assessment of prostatic obstruction from urodynamic measurements and from residual urine. Br J Urol 1979; 51(2): 129-134.
- Griffiths D, Höfner K, van Mastrigt R, Rollema HJ, Spångberg A, Gleason D. Standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function: Pressure-flow studies of voiding, urethral resistance, and urethral obstruction, International Continence Society Subcommittee on Standardization of Terminology of Pressure-Flow Studies. Neurourol Urodyn 1997; 16(1): 1-18.
- Marte A, Di Iorio G, De Pasquale M, et al. Functional evaluation of tubularized-incised plate repair of midshaft-proximal hypospadias using uroflowmetry. BJU Int 2001; 87:540–3.
- Farhane S, Saidi R, Fredj N, Touffahi M, Lefi M, Saad H. Uroflowmetry in children: Prospective study of normal parameters. Prog Urol 2006; 16(5): 598-601.
- Arena S, Romeo C, Borruto FA, Racchiusa S, Di Benedetto V, Arena F. Anterior urethral valves in children: an uncommon multipathogenic cause of obstructive uropathy. Pediatr Surg Int 2009; 25(7): 613-6.
- Kajbafzadeh AM, Payabvash S, Karimian G. Urodynamic changes in patients with anterior urethral valves: before and after endoscopic valve ablation. J Pediatr Urol 2007; 3(4): 295-300.
- Caione P, Nappo SG. Posterior urethral valves: long-term outcome. Pediatr Surg Int 2011; 27(10):1027-35.
- Vikash Kumar, Jayesh V. Dhabalia, Girish G. Nelivigi, Mahendra S. Punia, and Manav Suryavanshi. Age, gender, and voided volume dependency of peak urinary flow rate and uroflowmetry nomogram in the Indian population. Indian J Urol 2009; 25(4): 461–466.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2012; 2(4):288-290. © 2012 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.