¹Belarusian State Medical University,
²Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education,Minsk, Belarus
*Corresponding author: Oksana A. Kashtalyan, Outpatient Therapy Department, Belarusian State Medical University, Minsk, Belarus. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: To study the behavior of the intrarenal and systemic hemodynamics in the initial stages of gestational hypertension.
Material and methods: A dynamic survey of 45 somatically healthy women between 18 and 35 years, at 10 to 14 weeks, and 28 to 32 weeks of pregnancy was conducted. Using standard procedures such as ultrasound arterial renal blood flow, echocardiography and Holter monitoring, the relevant data was collected.
Results: Pregnant women with subsequently diagnosed gestational hypertension showed decreased intrarenal blood flow, increased peripheral vascular resistance between 10 and 14 weeks, 28 and 32 weeks of pregnancy, an increased resistance index (RI), and systolic/diastolic ratio (S/D), compared with those with physiological pregnancy. Changes in the systemic hemodynamics (increased cardiac index (CI)) were observed in the first subgroup, between 28 and 32 weeks of pregnancy.
Conclusions: Early signs of adherence leaning towards physiological pregnancy hypertension in the group between 10 and 14 weeks of pregnancy are a reduction in the S/D ratio in the main trunk of the renal and segmental arteries, of less than 3.0, and an increased cardiac index of greater than 4.10.
1. Turner J. Diagnosis and management of preeclampsia: an update. Int J Womens Health 2010; 2: 327-337.
2. LaMarca BD, Ryan MJ, Granger J.P. Pathophysiology of hypertension during preeclampsia: role of inflammatory cytokines. J Current Hypertension Reviews 2007; 3:69-74.
3. Ma Rui Giong, Sun Min Na, Vang Z. Effects of preeclampsia-like symptoms at early gestational stage on feto-placental outcomes in a mouse model. Chlin Med J 2010; 123(6):707-712.
4. Kenny LC, Broadhurst DI, Dunn W, Brown M, North RA, McCowan L, et al. Robust Early Pregnancy Prediction of Later Preeclampsia Using Metabolomic Biomarkers. Hypertension 2010; 56:741-749.
5. Kalichava DG, Ckhaidze TK. Correlation between frequency of gestosis onset and the change of seasonal biorhythms and diagnostic value of dopplerometry . J Georgian Medical Nevs 2006; 9 (138): 62-65.
6. Lang R, Bierig M, Devereux RB, Flachskampf FA, Foster E, Pellikka PA, et al. Recommendations for Chamber Quantification: A Report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, Developed in Conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a Branch of the European Society of Cardiology. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005; 18:1440-1463.
Int J Biomed. 2011; 1(2):66-70.© 2011 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.