Serum Nitric Oxide Metabolites Concentration in Patients with Psoriasis
Republican Dermatovenerological Clinical Hospital, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
The blood serum of psoriasis patients, regardless of the clinical forms of the disease, contains a high concentration of the main stable nitric oxide metabolites. The complex therapy resulted in significant clinical improvement and a considerable decrease in the nitric oxide concentration, in all the studied forms of dermatosis. As the measurement of the nitric oxide concentration is a very important link in the chain of nonspecific body reactivity, it permits an objective assessment of the pathological activity process and therapy efficacy.
- Sukolina OG, Batkaev EA. Role of nitric oxide in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. Rus J Skin Ven Dis 2006; 1:21-24.
- Butov Yu S, Timanyan AG, Sukolina OG, Archipenko LA. Role of nitric oxide in the normal physiology of organism in psoriasis. Rus J Skin Ven Dis 2005; 3:24-28.
- Guistizieri ML, Albanesi C, Scarponi C. Nitric oxide donors suppress chemokine production by keratinocytes in vitro and in vivo. Am J Pathol 2002; 161:1409-1418.
- Bruch-gerharz D, Schnorr O, Suschek C. Arginase I over expression in psoriasis. Am J Pathol 2003; 162:203-211.
- Golikov PP, Nikolaeva NYu, Gavrilenko IA, et al. Nitric oxide and lipid peroxidation as factors of endogenous intoxication in the urgent states. Pathol Physiol Exp Ther 2008; 2:6-9.
Int J Biomed. 2011; 1(4):210-212. © 2011 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.