Results of Surgical Treatment of Patients with Liver Laceration from Blunt Abdominal Trauma
Institute of Medicine, Ecology and Physical Education, Ulyanovsk, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Prof. Alexei L. Charyshkin, PhD, ScD, Head of the Faculty Surgery Department, Institute of Medicine, Ecology and Physical Edcation, Ulyanovsk State University. 75, Ryabikov str., apt. 86, 432073, Ulyanovsk, Russian Federation. Tel: 7-9510-966093, E-mail: email@example.com
In this paper, the method developed to suture liver wounds is described in detail. The results of the surgical treatment of liver laceration with blunt abdominal trauma during the period 2001-2012 are presented. The technique developed for suturing liver wounds in patients with blunt abdominal trauma was evaluated. The method developed involving suturing of the liver wounds in patients with blunt abdominal trauma contributes to reliable hemostasis, significantly reduces the duration of surgery and the development of post-operative complications.
1. Alperovich B I, Tskhay VF. Management of the Liver Traumatic Injuries. Annals of Surgical Hepatology 2001; 6(1):36-39. [in Russian].
2. Bulynin VI, Parhisenko YuA, GlukhovAA, et al. By the technique of hepatic resection. Journal of Surgery 1996; 5(1):86-88. [in Russian].
3. Vishnevskiĭ VA, Nazarenko NA, Ikramov RZ, Tarasiuk TI, Egorova VV. Major resections of the liver in patients with high surgical risk. Surgery 2003; 8:11-18. [in Russian].
4. Vishnevskiĭ VA, Kubyshkin VA, Zhao AB, Ikramov PP. Operations on the liver: a guideline for surgeons. Moscow: Miklos, 2003. [in Russian].
5. Charyshkin AL, Gafiullov MR, Demin VP. Surgical treatment of the traumatic injuries of parenchymal abdominal organs. Creative surgery and oncology 2012; 1:81-83. [in Russian].
6. Charyshkin AL, Gafiullov MR, Demin VP. Method of suturing the liver wounds in traumatic injuries. Modern problems of science and education 2012; 1. URL:www.science-education.ru/101-5459 [in Russian].
7. Charyshkin AL, Gafiullov MR, Demin VP. The effectiveness of suturing of the liver and spleen wounds in traumatic injuries of the abdominal cavity organs. Siberian Medical Journal (Irkutsk) 2012; 3:42-44. [in Russian].
8. Shapkin YuG, Chalik YuV, Chalik RYu. Problems of surgery of the liver injuries. Annals of Surgical Hepatology: Proceedings of the XIV International Congress of Surgeons-Hepatologists of Russia and CIS countries. St. Petersburg, 2007; S. 270. [in Russian].
9. Badger SA, Barclay R, Campbell P, Mole DJ, Diamond T. Management of liver trauma. World J Surg 2009; 33(12):2522-2537.
10. Cuff RF, Cogbill TH, Lambert PJ. Nonoperative management of blunt liver trauma: the value of follow-up abdominal computed tomography scans. Am Surg 2000; 66(4):332-336.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2012;2(3):169-173.© 012 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.