The Scientific Research Dermatovenerologic Institute of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan Almaty, Kazakhstan
*Corresponding author: Ramina K. Keshileva, PhD, Scientific Research Dermatovenerologic Institute of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan. 79, Al-Faraby ave., apt. 3, Almaty, Kazakhstan. Tel: 7-777-2156552. E-mail: email@example.com
All forms of psoriasis show an increase in the presence of certain cytokines, including, IL-2, IL-6, IL-8 and TNF-alpha, with the last one revealing direct participation in the pathogenesis of dermatosis as modern biological therapeutic agents act directly on the activation of this cytokine. A study of the cytokine profile shows Th1-type immune response in the psoriasis patients, the severity of which depends upon the clinical form of the dermatosis. In this study, 104 patients with psoriasis were treated using the immunomodulating preparation, polyoxidonium, in a complex therapy. In these patients, the regress of the PASI index was noted, which concurred with the normalization of the known parameters of the cytokines, and primarily, with a reduction in the TNF-alpha level, which clearly demonstrated the therapeutic efficacy of polyoxidonium, the preparation used.
1. Khairutdinov VR, Samtsov AV, Moshkalov AV. The current notions about immune mechanisms of psoriasis development. Vestn Dermatol Venerol 2007; 1:3-6.
2. Elberg E. Psoriasis vulgaris. Tartu 1997.
3. Badokin VV. Anticytokine therapy of psoriatic arthritis. Russian Medical Journal 2006; 14(8):605-609.
4. Boniface K, Blom B, Liu YI. From interleukin-23 to T-helper 17 cells differentiation revisited. Immunol Res 2008; 226:132-146.
5. Rousaki-Schulze AV, Koukoukis C, Petinaki E. Evaluation of cytokine serum levels in patients with plaque-type psoriasis. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 2005; 25(4):169-173.
6. Hohler TA, Kruger A, Schneider PM. TNF-alpha promoter polymorphism is associated with juvenile onset psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. J Invest Dermatol 1997; 109(4):562-565.
7. Nishibu A, Oyama N, Nakamura K. Lack of association of TNF-238A and-308A in Japanese patients with psoriasis vulgaris, psoriatic arthritis and generalized pustular psoriasis. J Dermatol Sci 2002; 29 (3):181-184.
8. Qiu S, Zhang J, Liu J. Effect of liangxue huoxue tang on serum of TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma and IL-6 in psoriasis of blood-heat type. J Tradit Clin Med 2005; 25(4):292-295.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2012;2(3):201-203.©2012 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.