Bukhara Medical Institute, Bukhara, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Nuriddin U. Narzullaev, PhD, Bukhara State Medical Institute, 1, Navoi str., Bukhara, Uzbekistan. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diseases of the ENT organs are among the commonly prevalent and dangerous pathologies of childhood, occurring as a complication of respiratory, bacterial diseases and HIV infection. One of the serious complications of HIV infection in children is the lesion of ENT organs. In HIV infected children, in addition to suppurative diseases occur middle ear diseases with nonsuppurative origin. A total of 79 HIV infected children aged 3-14 years with different pathologies of the nasal cavity, nasopharynx and paranasal sinuses were included into the current study. The control group included 20 healthy children of comparable age and sex. The survey was conducted in the ENT department of the Children’s Multi-Medical Center, in Bukhara region. Children with a diagnosis of suppurative otitis media and/or history of suppurative otitis media were not included into the study. All HIV infected children, along with physical examination, were performed ENT examination, finger study, X-ray examination of the paranasal sinuses, audiological research and impedancemetry.
1. Bessarab TP, Yushuk ND, Anyutin RG, et al. HIV in ENT practice. Physician 2000; 1:26-29. [in Russian].
2. Budyak SV. Comprehensive treatment of exudative otitis media in pathology of nasopharynx, nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses. PhD Thesis. Kursk, 2002. [in Russian].
3. Dmitriev NS, Mileshina NA, Kolesov LI. Exudative otitis media in children: Methodical Recommendations #96/2, 1996. [in Russian].
4. Kovalenko SL. Our experience of active audiological examination of preschool children. Modern Problems of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing: Abstracts of the 2nd Nat. Congress of Audiologists. Suzdal, 2007. p 122.[in Russian].
5. Otolaryngology / ed. Soldatov IB and Hoffmann VR. ELBI, 2000. p 472.
6. Savenko IV, Boboshko MY, Lopotko AI, et al. Exudative otitis media. St. Petersburg, 2010. p. 72.[in Russian].
7. Slavinsky AA. Exudative otitis media. 2006 http://loronline.ru/laringology/3738.
8. Hoare S. HIV infection in children - impact upon ENT doctors. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2003; 67(Suppl 1):85-90.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2012 2(3):211-213.© 2012 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.