Republican Specialized Scientific-Practical Medical Center of Therapy and Medical Rehabilitation; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Sayyora A. Bazarova, Republican Specialized Scientific-Practical Medical Center of Therapy and Medical Rehabilitation. Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan. Tel: 998946531358. E-mail: email@example.com
NO is an important biological marker in the activity of the inflammatory process and endothelial dysfunction in bronchopulmonary diseases. Endothelial dysfunction appears as a primary element for vessel wall lesion that causes formation of the cardiovascular effects in asthma. Cardiovascular effects are considered as system displays of various diseases, among which endothelial dysfunction appears as the primary element of a vessel wall lesion. Studying NO metabolites and L-arginine content plays an important role for required correction in the respiratory system endothelium.
- Vanin А F. Nitrogen oxide in biomedical researches. Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk. 2000;(4):3-5. [Article in Russian]
- Voznesensky N.A. Exhaled nitrogen oxide - a biomarker of a bronchial asthma. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Мoscow; 2000. [in Russian]
- Bruckdorfer R. The basics about nitric oxide. Mol Aspects Med 2005; 26(1-2):3-31.
- Brodskaia TA, Nevzorova VA, Gel'tser BI, Motkina EV. Endothelial dysfunction and respiratory diseases. Ther Arkh 2007; 3:76-84. [Article in Russian].
- Karazhanova LK, Isahanova SA, Kozykenova Zh.U. Correction of endothelial dysfunction in asthma. International Journal on Immunorehabilitation 2010;12(2):114b. [Article in Russian].
- Ghosh S, Erzurum SC. Nitric oxide metabolism in asthma pathophysiology. Biochim Biophys Acta 2011;1810(11):1008-16.
- Sun QZ, Jiao FF, Yang XD, Zhong B, Jiang MH, Li GL, et al. Expression of protein arginine N-methyltransferases in E3 rat models of acute asthma. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 2010; 30(4):716-9. [Article in Chinese].
- From the Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention, Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) 2012. Available from: http://www.ginasthma.org/.
- Alving K, Janson C, Nordvall L. Performance of a new hand-held device for exhaled nitric oxide measurement in adults and children. Respir Res 2006; 7:67.
- Munder M. Role of arginase in asthma: potential clinical applications. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol2010; 3(1):17-23.
- Redington AE, Meng QH, Springall DR, Evans TJ, Créminon C, Maclouf J, et al. Increased expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in the airway epithelium of asthmatic subjects and regulation by corticosteroid treatment. Thorax 2001; 56(5):351-7.
- Hainen V, Claeys M, Louis R. Exhaled nitric oxide: a new biomarker for respiratory pathologies. Rev Med Liege 2006; 61(1):37-42. [Article in French].
- Sethi S, Cote C. Bronchodilator combination therapy for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Curr Clin Pharmacol 2011; 6(1): 48-61.
- Mabalirajan U, Ahmad T, Leishangthem GD, Joseph DA, Dinda AK, Agrawal A, et al. Beneficial effects of high dose of L-arginine on airway hyperresponsiveness and airway inflammation in a murine model of asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010;125(3):626-35.
- Yin WH, Chen JW, Tsai C, Chiang MC, Young MS, Lin SJ. L-arginine improves endothelial function and reduces LDL oxidation in patients with stable coronary artery disease. Clin Nutr 2005; 24(6): 988–97.
- Zeki AA, Bratt JM, Rabowsky M, Last JA, Kenyon NJ. Simvastatin inhibits goblet cell hyperplasia and lung arginase in a mouse model of allergic asthma: a novel treatment for airway remodeling? Transl Res 2010; 156(6):335-49.
- Voronina LP, Uklistaya TA, Uklistaya EA, Perova NJ, Polunin O S. Level plasma of endotelin-1 and endothelial vasodilatation at a bronchial asthma// Cardiovascular Therapy and Prevention 2009; 8(6S1): 66a-66. [Article in Russian]
- Bruce CT, Zhao D, Yates DH, Thomas PS. L-arginine reverses cigarette-induced reduction of fractional exhaled nitric oxide in asthmatic smokers. Inflammopharmacology 2010; 18(1):9-16.
- Slobodsky VA. The role of L-arginine in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease.Health Ukrainy 2009; 13-14:62. [Article in Russian].
- Nagaya N, Uematsu M, Oya H, Sato N, Sakamaki F, Kyotani S, et al. Short-term oral administration of L-arginine improves hemodynamics and exercise capacity in patients with precapillary pulmonary hypertension. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001; 163(4): 887–91.
- Oka RK, Szuba A, Giacomini JC, Cooke JP. A pilot study of L-arginine supplementation on functional capacity in peripheral arterial disease. Vasc Med 2005; 10(4):265-74.
- Gaston B. The biochemistry of asthma. Biochim Biophys Acta 2011; 1810(11):1017-24.
- Chuchalin AG. Oxidants-antioxidants and approaches to medical correction. Pulmonology 2004; 4:111-5. [Article in Russian]
- Böger RH. The pharmacodynamics of L-arginine. Altern Ther Health Med 2014; 20(3):48-54.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
IJBM 2014; 4(4) Suppl 1:S23-S26. © 2014 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.