The Tashkent Pharmaceutical Institute; Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
*Corresponding author: Zebiniso A. Ubaydullaeva, The Tashkent Pharmaceutical Institute; Tashkent, Uzbekistan. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this study is to estimate the treatment costs of pneumonia in children in the clinic of the Republican Specialized Scientific Practical Medical Center of Pediatrics (RSSPMCP) of Uzbekistan. We performed a pharmacoeconomical analysis for treatment of childhood pneumonia by cost-effectiveness and cost-minimization methods. It was determined that monotherapy on the basis of ceftriaxone is the preferable scheme of antibacterial therapy for moderate community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) in children without respiratory comorbidities. This therapeutic scheme was associated with a small percentage of side effects and was the best option to cut the expense of treatment.
- Pechera JC. Community acquired pneumonia in children. International forum series. Cambridge medical publication 2005; 154.
- McCracken GH Jr. Etiology and treatment of pneumonia. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2000;19:373-7
- McIntosh K. Community-acquired pneumonia in children. N Engl J Med 2002; 346:429-37.
- Lee GE, Lorch SA, Sheffler-Collins S, Kronman MP, Shah SS. National hospitalization trends for pediatric pneumonia and associated complications. Pediatrics 2010; 126:204-13.
- Priority medicines for mothers and children 2011. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2011:3.
- World Health Statistics 2014. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2014: 45, 113.
- Bulletin of the World Health Organization 91, fact sheet №331. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2013; http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs331/en/
- Bulletin of the World Health Organization 86. Geneva, World Health Organization,2008; 5:321-416.
- Ubaydullayeva ZA. The analysis of treatment cost of pneumonia in children in the Republic of Uzbekistan. Shymkent: Bulletin 2013; 4:12-14.
- Ponomareva AA, Cononova SV, Mozgovaya NA. Rational use of antibiotics at treatment of pneumonia. Moscow: Pharmacy 2011; 1:230-232.
- Vaskova LB, Musina NZ. Methods and Techniques of Pharmacoeconomical Researches. Moscow: GELTAR-Media; 2001:112.
- Bradley JS, Byington CL, Shah SS, Alverson B, Carter ER, Harrison Ch, et al. The Management of Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Infants and Children Older Than 3 Months of Age: Clinical Practice Guidelines by the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2011; doi: 10.1093/cid/cir531.
- Chernyaev AV, Lukashenko EP, Chikina SU. Community acquired pneumonia in hospital: analysis of case management. Moscow; Pulmonology 2009; 1:44-50.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
IJBM 2014; 4(4) Suppl 1:S42-S45. © 2014 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.