International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(1):86-88.
Originally published March 15, 2020
The article presents the prevalence of otitis media with effusion (OME) in children in the Tyumen region. Based on the 12-year experience of treating children in a children's regional clinical hospital, it has been established that the children most prone to having OME are pre-school boys (under age 7), and that OME makes up one third of all ear pathologies and accounts for 10.7% of all treated ENT diseases in children.
- Bogomil’sky MR. [Children's otorhinolaryngology in Russia - realities, problems and prospects]. Bulletin of Otorhinolaryngology. 2006;(1): 4-7. [Article in Russian].
- Kuznetsova NE. Radiofrequency myringotomy and endoscopic adenoidectomy for otitis media with effusion in children. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Moscow; 2013. [In Russian].
- Krasnozhen V.N., Lithuanian TS. [Value of a comprehensive diagnostics in patients with dysfunction of the auditory tubes]. Russian Rhinology. 2013;21(2):22. [Article in Russian].
- Krasnozhen VN, Andreeva IG, Tokarev PV. [The treatment of exudative otitis media in children]. Russian Otorhinolaryngology. 2018;96(5):115-122. [Article in Russian].
- Döner F, Yariktas M, Demirci M.The role of allergy in recurrent otitis media with effusion. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2004;14(2):154-8.
- Shamova AG, Gomzina EG. Prevalence of combined forms of allergic rhinitis in high-school-age children. The IV Russian Congress “Modern technologies in pediatrics and pediatric surgery”. Moscow, 2005: 31. [In Russian].
- Malo JL. Occupational rhinitis and asthma due to metal salts. Allergy 2005; 60(2):138–9.
- Gushchin IS, Ilyina NI, Polner SA. Allergic rhinitis. Manual for doctors. M., 2002. [In Russian].
- Roschektaeva Yu. A. Prevalence, features of the clinical course and effectiveness of the surgical treatment of otitis media with effusion in children: Abstract of PhD Thesis. Moscow; 2015. [In Russian].
Received November 18, 2019.
Accepted January 17, 2020.
©2020 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.