International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(1):45-49.
Originally published March 15, 2020
The article discusses the morphological changes in the area of gastrostomy performed by the proposed original method of gastrostomy using an implant in laboratory animals (rabbits). Morphological changes in the tissues at gastrostomy sites were studied on Days 10 and 20 after the proposed method of gastrostomy, in comparison with the classical Witzel gastrostomy and Depage-Janeway gastrostomy using the GIA stapler. Negative morphological changes in the tissues around gastrostomy sites were revealed in the form of necrosis of the microenvironment and disturbance in microcirculation according to the stagnant type, caused by the damaging effect of the surgical suture material at the microscopic level, the least pronounced when using a polypropylene implant.
- Tanaka T, Ueda T, Yokoyama T, Sadamitsu T, Yoshimura A, Horiuchi H, et al. Laparoscopic Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Is Useful for Elderly. JSLS. 2019 Apr-Jun;23(2). pii: e2019.00011. doi: 10.4293/JSLS.2019.00011.
- Khoroshilov I.E. [Endoscopic gastrostomy: 35 years of use in the clinic]. Gastroenterologia Sankt-Peterburga. 2015; (3-4) M17-M17a.[Article in Russian].
- Peeters E, Spiessens C, Oyen R, De Wever L, Vanderschueren D, Penninckx F, Miserez M. Sperm motility after laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair with lightweight meshes: 3-year follow-up of a randomised clinical trial. Hernia. 2014 Jun;18(3):361-7. doi: 10.1007/s10029-012-1028-9.
- Vaganov AG, Tsulaya АS, Shurygin SN. Patent RU No. 2691924 dated 06/18/2019 Bulletin No. 17. [In Russian].
- Rybakova AV, Makarova MN, Makarov VG. [Using rabbits in pre-clinical trials. Mezhdunarodnyi vestnik veterinarii. 2016;(4):113-117. [Article in Russian].
- Mishina ES, Zatolokina MA, Netyaga AA, Klimova LG, Zhukovskiy VA. [Reactive changes of connective tissue anterior abdominal wall in the early postoperative period with using experimental samples net endoprosthesis antibacterial coating]. Modern problems of science and education. 2015;(2 Part 1):55. [Article in Russian].
- Bontsevich DN, Golubev OA. [Experimental use of improved suture material]. Problemy zdorov'ya i ekologii. 2004;(2):141-144. [Article in Russian].
- Wang ZG1, Huang YD, Cheng KL, Cai XB, Wu Z, Zhan JD. [Influence of blood supply of the esophageal and gastric stumps on anastomotic healing after esophagogastrostomy in rabbits].Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao. 2004 Mar;24(3):345-6, 351.[Article in Chinese].
- Markos'yan SA, Vlasov AP. [Experimental evaluation of tissues’ changes of double layer small bowel anastomosis at various age]. University proceedings. Volga region. Medical sciences. 2018;(1):18–26. [Article in Russian].
- Qu S, Xia J, Yan J, Wu H, Wang H, Yi Y, et al. In vivo and in vitro assessment of the biocompatibility and degradation of high-purity Mg anastomotic staples. J Biomater Appl. 2017 Mar;31(8):1203-1214. doi: 10.1177/0885328217692948.
Received December 31, 2020.
Accepted March 3, 2020.
©2020 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.