International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):138-141.
Originally published June 15, 2020.
Background: Acute gastroduodenal bleeding (GIB) is one of the urgent and complex problems of emergency surgery. The objective of our study was to investigate the performance of powder-like hemostatic agents in combination with granular Diovine for bleeding management in experimental gastric ulcers.
Methods and Results: Experimental studies in vivo were conducted on 15 mongrel dogs, using the model of gastric ulcer by E. F. Cherednikov. During esophagogastroscopy, all animals were exposed to 2 bleeding gastric ulcers (experimental and control). Experiments were performed with 30 bleeding gastric ulcers. In experimental ulcers, endoscopic hemostasis was carried out by sufflations on a bleeding defect of powder-like Gelplastan and NovoSeven (lyophilized powder) in combination with Diovine. In control ulcers, endoscopic treatment was not performed. The experimental studies showed that in experimental ulcers, bleeding stopped at 3.9(3.5;4.9) sec (P<0.001); their hemostasis was stable without recurrent bleeding. In control ulcers, bleeding stopped at 27.5(24.0;31.0) sec (P<0.001) and 5 episodes of recurrent bleeding were noted. The drug composition (Gelplastan, NovoSeven, and Diovine) has a hemostatic effect and accelerates healing processes of experimental bleeding ulcers. A complete healing of experimental gastric ulcers occurred in 8.0(8.0;9.0) days with a moderate scar that does not deform the stomach wall. Complete healing of control gastric ulcers occurred in 15.5(14.0;16.0) (P<0.001) days of observations.
Conclusion: The combined use of Gelplastan, NovoSeven, and Diovine for the local treatment of experimental bleeding gastric ulcers in dogs leads not only to an effective termination of hemorrhage, but also promotes reparative regeneration, synchronization of interaction of cell structures and acceleration of the healing time of simulated ulcers.
1. Budnevsky AV, Cherednikov ЕF, Popov AV, Ovsyannikov ES, Kravchenko AY, Fursov KO. A complex multidisciplinary approach to prevention gastro-duodenal bleeding in patients of general hospital. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017; 7(3):204-207.
2. Shapkin YuG, Potahin SN. [The dynamics of main indicators for treatment of ulcerative gastroduodenal bleeding ─ the analysis of several years studies]. Saratov Journal of Medical Scientific Research. 2014;10(3):456-460. [Article in Russian].
3. Cherednikov ЕF, Barannikov SV, Romantsov MN, Popov AV. New aspects of preventive endoscopic hemostasis in the treatment of peptic ulcer bleeding in the experimental condition. The EPMA Journal. 2017;8(S1):45.
4. Adianov VV, Cherednikov EF. [Optimization of treatment of gastroduodenal bleeding in patients with high surgical risk]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2014;13(4):841-846. [Article in Russian].
5. Derjaeva OG, Cherednikov EF. [Multimodality therapy of erosiveulcer gastroduodenal bleeding by patients in a multidisciplinary hospital]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2014; 13(3):725-730. [Article in Russian].
6. Cherednikov EF, Deryaeva OG, Adianov VV, Ovchinnikov IF, Popov AV. [Modern trends of diagnosis and treatment of patients with gastrointestinal bleeding in the centre]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2014;13(2):426-431. [Article in Russian].
7. Cherednikov ЕF, Barannikov SV, Maleev YuV, Fursov KO, Litovkina TE, Zakurdaev EI, Ovsyannikov ES. Experimental justification of using Aseptisorb-A and platelet-rich plasma in endoscopic treatment of mold bleeding stomach defects. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(4):298-301.
8. Cherednikov EF, Deryaeva OG, Ovchinnikov IF, Cherednikov EE, Adianov VV, Bondarenko AA, Yakushev FK. The effectiveness of the modern approach to the treatment of patients with gastroduodenal bleeding in a multidisciplinary hospital. Nauchno-medicinskij vestnik Central'nogo Chernozem'ya. 2016;65: 20-25. [Article in Russian].
9. Cherednikov EF, Kashurnikova MA, Romantsov MN, Barannikov SV, Bolkhovitinov A E, Gaponenkov DG, Lubimov PU. [Experimental study of new means of local hemostasis in the treatment of gastric bleeding]. Nauchno-medicinskij vestnik Central'nogo Chernozem'ya. 2016; 65: 27-33. [Article in Russian].
10. Cherednikov ЕF, Budnevsky AV, Popov AV, Fursov KO. A new opinion on gastroduodenal bleeding prevention in patients with somatic pathology. The EPMA Journal. 2017;8(S1):46.
11. Budnevskiy AV, Popov AV, Cherednikov EF, Kuranosov AYu, Volkova IV, Fursov KO, Martyanova EI. [Erosive and ulcerative lesions of stomach and duodenum in medical patients: prevention of bleeding]. Nauchno-medicinskij vestnik Central'nogo Chernozem'ya. 2016; 65: 64-71. [Article in Russian].
12. Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Maleev YuV, Fursov KO, Litovkina TE, Zakurdaev EI. [Experimental justification of the use of biologically active draining sorbent and plasma enriched by thrombocytes in treatment of bleeding defects of the stomach]. Journal of New Medical Technologies. 2017; 24(2): 114-118. [Article in Russian].
13. Cherednikov EF, Batkaev AR, Baev VE. [The reparative regeneration of erosive-ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum in the local treatment of hydrophilic granular sorbents]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2005;4(2):224-225. [Article in Russian].
14. Cherednikov EF, Gryaznov VN, Baev VE, Gaponenkov DG. [Modeling of a bleeding stomach ulcer]. Problemy sudebnoy mediciny i klinicheskoy praktiki. 1994:17-18. [Article in Russian].
15. Shalimov SA, Radzikhovskiy AP, Keysevich LV. Guide to experimental surgery. M.: Meditsina, 1989:175-176. [In Russian].
Received December 31, 2019.
Accepted March 11, 2020.
©2020 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.