International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):108-111.
Originally published June 15, 2020.
Background: The objective of this study was to investigate the medico-social and mixed anxiety–depressive disorders (MADD) in patients with cerebellar stroke (CS) in the early recovery period.
Methods and Results: The study included 140 patients (87/62% men and 53/38% women) with average age of 57.2±2.2 years. Patients were examined in the early recovery period (6 months from the onset of the disease). The level of anxiety and depression was assessed using the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression. In the early recovery period from CS, the difeferent types of MADD were diagnosed. A high level of depression was found in 3.57% of patients, the average level - in 27.86%, mild depression - in 33.57% of patients, and the absence of depressive symptoms in 35% of patients. A high level of anxiety in 17.50% of CS patients, a moderate level of anxiety in 47.86%, a low anxiety level in 45.0%, and no anxiety in 2(1.43%) patients.
Conclusion: Different levels of MADD in CS patients in the early period of convalescence need individual specific treatment.
- Stroke: A guide for doctors. Ed. Stakhovskaya LV, Kotov SV. M.:LLC Medical News Agency;2013:400 pp. [In Russian]
- Stroke: diagnosis, treatment, prevention. Ed. Suslina ZA, Piradov MA. М.: MED Press-Inform; 2008:288 pp. [In Russian].
- Kutashov VA, Ulyanova OV. [The most significant predictors of cardio-embolic stroke, which determine the clinical picture and the outcome of the disease]. Bulletin of Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurosurgery. 2016;(6):51‒55. [Article in Russian].
- Kutashov VA, Budnevsky AV, Ulyanova OV, Sazonov IE, Khabarova TY. [Modern therapy of cerebrovascular diseases in the Voronezh region]. Bulletin of Medical Internet conferences. 2016;6(10):1543. [Article in Russian].
- Skvortsova VI. Fundamentals of early rehabilitation of patients with acute impairment of cerebral circulation. М.:MODEK; 2006:336 pp. [In Russian].
- Ulyanova OV, Kutashov VA. [On the issue of cardiogenic risk factors for the onset of ischemic stroke in young adults]. Cardiovascular Therapy and Prevention. 2015;1(15):62‒63. [Article in Russian].
- Vein AM, Voznesenskaya TG, Golubev VL, et al. Depression in neurological practice (clinic, diagnosis, treatment). 3rd ed. M.:MIA;2007:208 pp. [In Russian].
- Depression and comorbid disorders. Collective monograph edited by A. Smulevich. M.: Enlightenment; 1997:426 pp. [In Russian].
- Surzhko GV, Kutashov VA, Khabarova TB, Ulyanova OV. Psycho-correction of anxiety - depressive disorders in patients with stroke in the early recovery period. Voronezh; 2017:170 pp. [In Russian].
- Shklovskiy VM. The concept of neurorehabilitation of patients after a stroke. Journal of Neuropathology and Psychiatry named after S.S. Korsakov: Appendix. Stroke. 2003;(8):77 ‒ 81. [Article in Russian].
Received April 20, 2020.
Accepted May 27, 2020.
©2020 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.