International Journal of Biomedicine. 2021;11(3):286-290.
Originally published September 10, 2021
Background: Gastroduodenal bleeding (GDB) and the improvement of endoscopic hemostasis (EH) remain a priority in emergency surgery. This article presents the results of an experimental study of the effects of granular sorbents (Aseptisorb, Aseptisorb-A, Aseptisorb-D) on the system regulating the aggregate state of the blood using modern capabilities of piezoelectric thromboelastography (TEG).
Methods and Results: The study involved 12 healthy volunteers (9/75% men and 3/25% women) aged between 18 and 58 years, with the average age of 34.0(26.0;44.0) years.
For the study, the blood of healthy volunteers with normal indicators of the system regulating the aggregate state of the blood was used. In vitro experiments: Several tests were performed with the blood of each volunteer. In the first experiment (the control stage), the blood cuvette did not contain the test material. At the second stage of the experiment, the hemostatic properties of new generation granulated sorbents (Aseptisorb, Aseptisorb-A, and Aseptisorb-D) were studied.
Experimental studies have shown that the use of granular sorbents Aseptisorb, Aseptisorb-A, and Aseptisorb-D in varying degrees affects the links of platelet and coagulation hemostasis, providing acceleration of thrombosis processes while increasing the maximum density of the clot. These effects determine the effectiveness of the clinical use of these sorbents to stop various types of bleeding.
Conclusion: Experimental studies of the effect of granular sorbents on the system regulating the aggregate state of the blood using piezoelectric TEG have shown that the use of Aseptisorb, Aseptisorb-A, and Aseptisorb-D can significantly reduce the time of blood clotting and increase the maximum clot density, which determines the possibility of the use of these sorbents in endoscopic hemostatic treatment for GDB.
- Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Yuzefovich IS, Polubkova GV, Maleev YuV, Volkova IV, Vysotskaya AT, Strygin OV, Ovsyannikov ES. Innovative Endoscopic Technologies in the Complex Treatment of Patients with Unstable Stopped Gastroduodenal Bleeding. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2021;11(1):24-28. doi:10.21103/Article11(1)_OA4
- Budnevsky AV, Cherednikov ЕF, Popov AV, Ovsyannikov ES, Kravchenko AY, Fursov KO. A Complex Multidisciplinary Approach to Prevention Gastro-duodenal Bleeding in Patients of General Hospital. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(3):204-207. doi: 10.21103/Article7(3)_OA8
- Cherednikov ЕF, Barannikov SV, Romantsov MN, Popov AV. New aspects of preventive endoscopic hemostasis in the treatment of peptic ulcer bleeding in the experimental condition. The EPMA Journal. 2017; 8(S1):45.
- Cherednikov E F, Chernyh AV, Maleev YuV, Popov AV, Stekolnikov VV. [Topographical and anatomical prerequisites for the development of Mallory-Weiss syndrome]. Bulletin of the Russian Military Medical Academy. 2015;(S2):153-154. [Article in Russian].
- Baev VE, Kravets BB, Cherednikov EF. [Diagnostics of ulcerative forms of stomach cancer]. Voronezh. 2003:112. [In Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Zhdanov AI, Moshurov IP, Polubkova GV, Maleev YuV, Ovsyannikov ES, Myachina DS. Combimed Use of Biologically Active Hemostatic and Granulated Sorbent in Endoscopic Cytoprotective Hemostasis in Patients with Bleeding Gastroduodenal Ulcers. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):129-132. doi: 10.21103/Article10(2)_OA8
- Cherednikov EF, Glukhov AA, Romantsov MN, Maleev YuV, Barannikov SV, Shkurina IA, Vysotskaya AT, Ovsyannikov ES. Hemostatic Agents in Combination with Diovine for Local Treatment of Simulated Bleeding Gastric Ulcers. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2020;10(2):138-141. doi: 10.21103/Article10(2)_OA10
- Cherednikov ЕF, Budnevsky AV, Popov AV, Fursov KO. A new opinion on gastroduodenal bleeding preventon in patients with somatic pathology. The EPMA Journal. 2017;8(S1):46.
- Romantsov MN, Cherednikov E F, Danilenko VI, Stepanov DS, Fursov K O, Deryaeva AG. [Morphological Characteristics of Processes of Simulated Bleeding Gastric Defects Reparation in Treatment with Gelplastan and Diovin]. Journal of Anatomy and Histopathology. 2017;6(1):81-86. [Article in Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Deryaeva OG, Adianov VV, Ovchinnikov IF, Popov AV. [Modern directions of prevention and treatment of patients with gastrointestinal bleeding in the center]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2014;13(2):426-433. [Article in Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Maleev YuV, Chernyh AV, Litovkina TE, Cherednikov EE, Shevtsov AN. [Modern views on the etiology and pathogenesis of ruptured hemorrhagic syndrome (Mallory-Weiss syndrome)]. Journal of anatomy and Histopathology. 2016;5(1):86-98. [Article in Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Glukhov AA, Banin IN, Maleev YuV, Adianov VV. [The use of Aseptisorb-A and platelet-rich plasma in the complex endoscopic treatment of patients with ulcerative gastroduodenal bleeding]. Bulletin of Experimental and Clinical Surgery.2017;10(2):116-122. [Article in Russian].
- Vitali F, Naegel A, Atreya R, Zopf S, Neufert C, Siebler J, Neurath MF, Rath T. Comparison of Hemospray® and Endoclot™ for the treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding. World J Gastroenterol. 2019 Apr 7;25(13):1592-1602. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v25.i13.1592.
- Cherednikov EF, Maleev YuV, Chernyh AV, Litovkina TE, Bondarenko AA, Cherednikov EE, Popov AV. [Current views on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of ruptured hemorrhagic syndrome (Mallory-Weiss syndrome)]. Journal of New Medical Technologies. 2016;23(4):161-172. [Article in Russian].
- Adianov VV, Cherednikov EF. [Optimizing treatment of gastroduodenal bleeding in patients with high surgical risk]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2014;13(4):841-846. [Article in Russian].
- Deryaeva OG, Cherednikov EF. [Multimodality therapy of erosiveulcer gastroduodenal bleeding by patients in a multidisciplinary hospital]. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2014; 13(3):725-730. [Article in Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Batkaev AR, Baev VE. The Reparative regeneration of erosive-ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum in the local treatment of hydrophilic granular sorbents. System Analysis and Management in Biomedical Systems. 2005;4(2):224-225. [Article in Russian].
- Low-frequency piezoelectric thromboelastography in the diagnosis of hemostatic disorders: A methodological guide. Tomsk. 2018:35. [In Russian].
- Hardware and software complex for clinical and diagnostic studies of the rheological properties of blood ARP-01M "Mednord": Technical description and operating instructions. Tomsk. 2018:29. [In Russian].
- Cherednikov ЕF, Barannikov SV, Maleev YuV, Fursov KO, Litovkina TE, Zakurdaev EI, Ovsyannikov ES. Experimental justification of using Aseptisorb-A and platelet-rich plasma in endoscopic treatment of mold bleeding stomach defects. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(4):298-301. doi: 10.21103/Article7(4)_OA5
- Cherednikov EF, Kashurnikova MA, Romantsov MN, Barannikov SV, Bolkhovitinov A E, Gaponenkov DG, Lyubimov PYu. [Experimental study of new means of local hemostasis in the treatment of ulcerative bleeding]. Scientific and Medical Bulletin of the Central Chernozem Region. 2016;(65):27-33. [Article in Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Fursov KO, Polubkova GV, Danilenko VI, Stepanov DS. [Healing of bleeding experimental defects of the stomach with topical anilovin and platelet-rich plasma]. Journal of Volgograd State Medical University. 2017;2(62):130-133. [Article in Russian].
- Cherednikov EF, Barannikov SV, Maleev YuV, Fursov KO, Litovkina TE, Zakurdaev EI. [Experimental justification of the use of biologically active draining sorbent and plasma enriched by thrombocytes in treatment of bleeding defects of the stomach]. Journal of New Medical Technologies. 2017;24(2):114-118. [Article in Russian].
- Tyurin II, Udut VV. Low-frequency piezothromboelastography of whole blood: algorithms for the diagnosis and correction of hemostatic disorders.Tomsk: Publishing House of Tomsk State University. 2016:170. [In Russian].
Received April 29, 2021.
Accepted June 9, 2021.
©2021 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.