¹I.I. Mechnikov Research Institute for Vaccines and Sera, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russian Federation,²I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow, Russian Federation, ³A. N. Nesmeyanov Institute of Organoelement Compounds of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Irina V. Pogarskay1, PhD. Department of Virology, I.I.Mechnikov Research Institute for Vaccines and Sera, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. 5a, Malyi Kazennii Lane, 105064, Moscow, Russian Federation. Tel: 8-495-917-08-91/8-495-674-81-45. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: March 25, 2013
In this work, the surface-active properties of 1- boraadamantane have been studied on the model of monomolecular phospholipid monolayers. Compression isotherms for the phospholipid monolayer are received, before the addition of 1-bromoadamantane in a concentration of 10-7-10-6 M. From the analysis of the compression isotherms generated, it is possible to conclude that at a concentration of 1-bromoadamantane (10-6M), an increase in the area falling on one phospholipid molecule occurs. The increase in the area falling on one single phospholipid molecule leads to a reduction in the frequency of the action of the lateral diffusion of the phospholipid molecules, a potential difference of the monolayer and a reduction in a corner of an arrangement of the phospholipid molecules to the monolayer surface. The specified phenomena can lead to a decrease in the degree of interaction of the viral membrane and a cell membrane. Also, in this work, study was done on the activity of virion RNA-dependent RNA - polymerase after interaction with various concentrations of 1- boraadamantane.
1. Kontarov NA. Artyushenko SV, Markushin SG, Bubnov YuN. Use of liposomes of different lipidic structure in a complex with boric derivatives адамантана as inhibitors of specific activity of viruses of bird flu. Materials of the international conference "Organic Chemistry for Medicine". Chernogolovka,2008; p 78-79. [in Russian].
2. Kontarov NA. Investigation of inhibition action of boric derivatives adamantane concerning flu viruses. Materials of the All-Russian conference "Creation and Prospects of Application of Medical Immunobiological Preparations". Perm, 2008; p. 117-118. [in Russian].
3. Kontarov NA. Mechanisms of inhibiting action of boric derivatives adamantane and liposomes concerning flu viruses. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Moscow, 2010 .
4. Мeihi B. Virology. Methods. Moscow: World,1988 . [in Russian].
5. Schukin ED, Pertsov AV, Amelina EA. Colloidal chemistry, 3rd prod. MGU, Moscow, 2004. [in Russian].
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(1):44-46. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.