Institute of General and Experimental Biology of the Siberian Branch of the RAS, Ulan-Ude, Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Vitaly G. Banzaraksheev, Institute of General and Experimental Biology of the Siberian Branch of the RAS. 6, Sakhyanova str., 670047, Ulan-Ude, Russian Federation. Tel: +79024537215. E-mail: email@example.com
Published: March 25, 2013
The aim of this study was to get an experimental estimation of the anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating properties of the complex plant remedy. The subject of this study was complex plant remedy that has been developed based on the recipes of Tibetan medicine. Experiments were conducted on Wistar rats and male mice of the CBA genetic strain. The anti-inflammatory properties of the remedy were estimated based on the anti-exudative, anti-proliferative and anti-alterative activity, immunomodulating properties on the state of the cell and the humoral chains of the immune response. The remedy tested in this study suppressed the development of formalin-induced edema, reduced the degree of tissue destruction caused by the flogogenic agent and activated the regenerative processes in the seat of inflammation; it also increased the index of the reaction of delayed hypersensitivity and the number of antibody-producing cells. A study of the pharmacological activity of the complex plant remedy indicates that it has anti-inflammatory and immune modulating effects, which are attributable to the complex of biologically active substances.
- Schawbl H. Scientific and regulatory challenges for Tibetan herbal formulas in Europe. J Trad Tibet Med 2007; 7: 8-15
- Sokolov SI. Pharmacotherapy and herbal medicine. Moscow: Medinform, 2000. [in Russian].
- Nikolaev SM. Multicomponent medical means of traditional medicine as regulating pharmacological systems. St-Petersburg: Baikalskie chteniya, 2008. [in Russian].
- Zhud – shi: Foundations of Medical Science of Tibet. Trans. from Tibetan, preface, notes and indexes are perfomed by DB Dashiev. Moscow: East Literature RAS, 2001. [in Russian].
- Guide – book for experimental (preclinical) studying of pharmacological substances. Moscow: Medicine, 2005. [in Russian].
- Cunningam AJ. A method of increased sensitivity for detecting single antibodyforming cells. Nature 1965; 207: 1106-07.
- Brasseur T. Medicaments renfermant des flavonoids. J Pharm Belg 1999; 44: 403-10.
- Kraus J, Franz G. Immunomodulating effects of polysaccharides from medicinal plants. Chem and Pharm Bul 1992; 40: 314-17.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(1):47-49. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.