¹Irkutsk State Technical University, Irkutsk; ²Siberian Institute of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, SB RAS, Irkutsk; ³Institute of General and Experimental Biology, SB RAS, Ulan-Ude; Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Arkadiy A. Semenov, PhD, ScD, corresponding member of RAS. Siberian Institute of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry SB RAS, 132 Lermontov street, Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation. Tel: (3952)426676. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: December 25, 2013
The present study focused on the impact of lignane syringaresinol beta-D-monoglucoside (substance 1) on the healing process of the linear and planar wounds in white male Wistar rats, with a body mass ranging between 180 and 200g. This substance was found to contribute towards quicker healing of the wound damage, when compared with solcoseryl. Thus, the solidity of the cicatrix with the substance 1 injection exceeded that which resulted from the solcoseryl injection. Substance 1 was also found to exert an anti-inflammatory effect. However, in the intensity and timing of inflammatory stage changes it was analogous to the solcoseryl impact.
- Bhojwani SS, Razdan MK. Plant tissue culture: theory and practice, a revised edition. Amsterdam, Lausanne, New York, Oxford, Shannon, Tokyo: Elsevier, 1996; 767 p.
- Enikeev AG, Gamburg KZ, Gamanets LV, Semenov АА, Gorshkov АG, Tolstikhin VV. Preservation of scorzonera tissue culture at low positive temperature: sucrose effect. Biotechnology 2001; 6:25-30 [Article in Russian].
- Bryansky VV, Tolstikhina AA, Semenov AA. Syringaresinol monoglucoside Scorzonera hispanica cell culture. Chemistry of natural compounds 1992; 5:591-2 [Article in Russian].
- Shahat AA, Abdel-Azim NS, Pieters L, Vlietinck AJ. Isolation and NMR spectra of syringaresinol-beta-d-glucoside from Cressa cretica. Fitoterapia 2004; 75(7-8):771-3.
- Khobrakova V B, Nikolayev S М, Tolstikhina VV, Semenov АА. Immunomodulatory properties of lignane glucoside from cultivated cells of Scorzonera hispanica L. Chemical-Pharmaceutical Journal 2003; 7:10-1 [Article in Russian].
- Dacenko BM. Theory and practice of local treatment of wounds. Kiev, Zdorovie, 1995; p. 65-72 [Article in Russian].
- Kamaev M F. Treatment of wounds and burns by bacteriostatic blood dressings. Khirurgiia 1957; 9:103-6. [Article in Russian].
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2013; 3(4):287-290. © 2013 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.