Republican Research Center of Neurosurgery; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Ulugbek M. Asadullaev, PhD. Republican Research Centre of Neurosurgery, Tashkent, Uzbekistan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: June 25, 2015. DOI: 10.21103/Article5(2)_CR7
This article analyzes the results of a clinical examination of 102 patients (78/76.47% men and 24/23.53% women) with a brain tumor (BT) complicated with a secondary obstructive hydrocephalus (SOH). All the patients were divided into 3 groups according to the type of surgery. Group I included 38(37.2%) patients who underwent Torkildsen's ventriculocisternostomy. Group II consisted of 34(33.3%) patients who underwent endoscopic third ventriculocisternostomy (ETV) with simultaneous endoscopic tumor removal. Group III included 30 (29.4%) patients who underwent a two-stage intervention: ETV in the first stage, and the endoscopic tumor removal in the second stage. The distinct advantages of EVT with tumor removal in the second stage of the operation were revealed.
- Asadullayev UM. The choice of methods for treatment hydrocephalus at brain tumors and the clinical outcomes. Neurol 2012; 2:28-30. [Article in Russian].
- Konovalov AN1, Pitskhelauri DI, Shishkina LV, Kopachev DN, Sanikidze AZ, Gavriushin AV, et al. Intraparenchymal brainstem schwannomas: report of three cases and literature review. Zh Vopr Neirokhir Im N N Burdenko 2013; 77(2):35-43. [Article in Russian].
- Omarov AD, Kopachev DN, Sanikidze AZ, Pitskhelauri DI, Panshin GA, Datsenko PV, et al. Treatment for hydrocephalus of the neoplastic etiology. State of the problem. Bulletin of the Russian Scientific Center of Radiology 2011,11.
- Sanikidze AZ Microsurgical ventriculocisternostomy for surgery of deeply and mid-located brain tumors. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Москва; 2014.
- Gaab MR, Schroeder HW. Neuroendoscopic approach to intraventricular lesions. J Neurosurg 1998; 88(3):496-505.
- Teo C, Young R 2nd. Endoscopic management of hydrocephalus secondary to tumors of the posterior third ventricle. Neurosurg Focus 1999; 7(4):e2.
- Stachura K, Grzywna E, Kwinta BM, Moskała MM. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy - effectiveness of the procedure for obstructive hydrocephalus with different etiology in adults. Wideochir Inne Tech Malo Inwazyjne 2014; 9(4):586-95.
- Hader WJ, Brooks BL, Partlo L, Hamilton M. Neuropsychological outcome after endoscopic third ventriculostomy. Can J Neurol Sci 2014; 41(6):729-34.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2015; 5(2):84-86.