The Republican Specialized Center of Cardiology; Tashkent, Uzbekistan
*Corresponding author: Guzal U. Mullabaeva, PhD. The Republican Specialized Center of Cardiology; Tashkent, Uzbekistan. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: December 3, 2015. DOI: 10.21103/Article5(4)_OA4
The study included 131 male patients between the ages of 30 and 69 (51.9±9.13 years) with primary Q-wave myocardial infarction (Q-MI). All patients underwent clinical examination, including a physical examination, medical history, ECG in 12 conventional leads, echocardiography, and 24-hour ECG monitoring from the 10th to the 14th day of MI. The progression of LV diastolic dysfunction in Q-MI patients is associated with a longer history of coronary heart disease and arterial hypertension. With worsening diastolic dysfunction, a marked decrease in LV systolic function is revealed. The severe diastolic dysfunction in Q-MI patients is closely associated with myocardial electrical instability.
- Boldueva SA, Shabrov AV, Nesterko AO, Leonova IA, Burak TIa, Samokhvalova MV, et al. Factors affecting development of sudden death and risk stratification of patients after myocardial infarction. Kardiologiia 2006; 46(6):64-5. [Article in Russian].
- Zipes DP, Camm AJ, Borggrefe M, Buxton AE, Chaitman B, Fromer M, Gregoratos G, et al. ACC/AHA/ESC Guidelines for Management of Patients with Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death. J Am Coll Cardiology 2006; 48(5):247-346.
- Arbolishvili GN1, Mareev VI, Orlova IA, Belenkov IN. Heart Rate Variability in Chronic Heart Failure and Its Role in Prognosis of the Disease. Kardiologiia 2006; 46(12):4-11. [Article in Russian].
- Meta-Analysis Research Group in Echocardiography (MeRGE) AMI Collaborators, Møller JE, Whalley GA, Dini FL, Doughty RN, Gamble GD, Klein AL, et al. Independent prognostic importance of a restrictive left ventricular filling pattern after myocardial infarction: an individual patient meta-analysis: Meta-Analysis Research Group in Echocardiography acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 2008; 117(20): 2591-8.
- Nagueh SF, Appleton CP, Gillebert TC, Marino PN, Oh JK, Smiseth OA, et al. Recommendations for the evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function by echocardiography. Eur J Echocardiogr 2009; 10(2):165-93.
- Devereux RB, Reichek N. Echocardiographic determination of left ventricular mass in man. Anatomic validation of the method. Circulation 1977; 55(4):613–8
- Kapel'ko VI. Diastolic dysfunction. Kardiologiia 2011; 51(1):79-90. [Article in Russian].
- Somaratne JB, Whalley GA, Poppe KK, Gamble GD, Doughty RN. Pseudonormal mitral filling is associated with similarly poor prognosis as restrictive filling in patients with heart failure and coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2009; 22(5):494–8.
- Kindermann M, Reil JC, Pieske B, van Veldhuisen DJ, Böhm M. Heart failure with normal left ventricular ejection fraction: what is the evidence? Trends Cardiovasc Med.2008; 18(8):280-92.
- Sohn DW. Heart failure due to abnormal filling function of the heart. J Cardiol 2011; 57(2):148-59.
- Andersen NH, Karlsen FM, Gerdes JC, Kaltoft A, Bøttcher M, Sloth E, et al. Diastolic dysfunction after an acute myocardial infarction in patients with antecedent hypertension. J Am. Soc. Echocardiogr 2008; 21(2):171-7.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2015; 5(4):192-194. © 2015 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.