¹The clinic of plastic surgery "Dr.Plastic"; ²The M. Vladimirsky Moscow Regional Research Clinical Institute (MONIKI) ; Moscow, Russia
*Corresponding author: Tagir R. Fayzullin, PhD, Associate Professor of the Oncology and Thoracic Surgery Department of the MONIKI; Moscow, Russia. E-mail: Tagir.Fayzullin@rambler.ru
Published: March 16, 2016.DOI: 10.21103/Article6(1)_OA9
This paper presents an assessment of the results of mastopexy surgery carried out by using the technique of autologous breast enlargement axillary lateral flap, which the authors developed for patients who have suffered a decline in breast volume, as a result of massive weight loss after bariatric surgery. The mastopexy was carried out by the improved method with preliminary Doppler ultrasound of the perforating branches of intercostal arteries in women after a significant reduction in body weight. This method provides a good aesthetic result with the correct position of the nipple and a satisfactory volume of the breast and with a simultaneous removal of excessive skin flaps and excess fat in the anterolateral area of the chest.
- Adams WP Jr. The process of breast augmentation: four sequential steps for optimizing outcomes for patients. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122(6):1892-900.
- Glicenstein J. [History of augmentation mammaplasty]. Ann Chir Plast Esthet. 2005; 50(5):337-49. [Article in French].
- Schoeller T, Meier R, Otto-Schoeller A, Wechselberger G, Piza-Katzer H. Medial thigh lift free flap for autologous breast augmentation after bariatric surgery. Obes Surg. 2002;12(6):831-4.
- Araco A, Gravante G, Araco F, Delogu D, Cervelli V, Walgenbach K. A retrospective analysis of 3,000 primary aesthetic breast augmentations: postoperative complications and associated factors. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2007; 31(5):532-9.
- Saratovtseva GY Secondary breast asymmetry after a mastopexy and reduction mammoplasty. Abstract of PhD Thesis. Moscow; 2011. [ Abstract in Russian]
- Milanov NO, Chausheva SI, Alyautdin SR, Kraskovsky FYa. Poland’s syndrome: the choice of the surgical strategy Annals of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. 2014; 2:35-41. [Article in Russian]
- Lai YL, Yu YL, Centeno RF, Weng CJ. Breast augmentation with bilateral deepithelialized TRAM flaps: an alternative approach to breast augmentation with autologous tissue. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003; 112(1):302-8.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2016; 6(1):46-47. © 2016 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.