Scientific Centre of Hygiene and Epidemiology named after Hamza Zhumatov; Almaty, Kazakhstan
*Corresponding author: Lyazat Orakbay, PhD, ScD. Scientific Centre of Hygiene and Epidemiology named after Hamza Zhumatov. Almaty, Kazakhstan. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: September 12, 2016. DOI: 10.21103/Article6(3)_OA13
The results of a retrospective epidemiological analysis revealed a sharp decline in the incidence of acute hepatitis B among the entire population of Almaty and the absence of acute hepatitis B, acute hepatitis C and chronic hepatitis C among children under 14 years of age. We found an increased incidence of chronic hepatitis B and chronic hepatitis C among the population of Almaty. Assessment of the hepatitis C incidence by the cumulative indices more objectively reflects the epidemiological situation for this disease.
- Shuratov IH, Dzhumagalieva AB, Ospanova EN et al. The impact of HBV vaccination on the hepatitis B incidence. Proceedings of the International Conference "Actual problems of parenteral infections." Bishkek, 2005:118-20.
- Shuratov IH, Omarova MN, Dzhumagalieva AB, et al. Improving the quality and efficiency of the etiological and epidemiological control (supervision) of HCV - infection (Guidelines). Almaty; 2011, 20 pp.
- Utegenova ES, Shuratov IH, Han OE. Incidence of hepatitis C in population of Kazakhstan. Hygiene Epidemiology and Immunology. 2008;.3:66-70.
- Shuratov IH., Omarova MN., Hhan OE. и др. The hepatitis C virus and hepatitis C (handbook). Almaty; 2009, 32pp.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.), Career Development Division. Principles of epidemiology in public health practice: an introduction to applied epidemiology and biostatistics. 3rd edition. U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of Workforce and Career Development, Atlanta, GA; 2006.
- Kelly D. Viral hepatitis B and C in children. J R Soc Med. 2006l; 99(7): 353–7.
- Orland JR, Wright TL, Cooper S. Acute hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2001; 33(2):321-7.
- WHO. WHO-Recommended Standards for Surveillance of Selected Vaccine-Preventable Diseases. Geneva: WHO; 2003. [WHO/V&B/03.01].
- Quinti I, Hassan NF, El Salman D, Shalaby H, El Zimatty D, Monier MK, Arthur RR. Hepatitis C virus-specific B cell activation: IgG and IgM detection in acute and chronic hepatitis C. J Hepatol. 1995; 23:640–7.
- Pawlotsky JM. Molecular diagnosis of viral hepatitis. Gastroenterology. 2002;122(6):1554-68.
- Rein DB, Wittenborn JS, Weinbaum CM, Sabin M, Smith BD, Lesesne SB. Forecasting the morbidity and mortality associated with prevalent cases of pre-cirrhotic chronic hepatitis C in the United States. Dig Liver Dis. 2011;43:66-72
- Mukomolov S, Trifonova G, Levakova I, Bolsun D, Krivanogova E1. Hepatitis C in the Russian Federation: challenges and future directions. Hepat Med. 2016;8:51-60.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2016;6(3):222-224. © 2016 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.