Scientific Centre of Hygiene and Epidemiology named after Hamza Zhumatov; Almaty, Kazakhstan
*Corresponding author: Lyazat Orakbay, PhD, ScD. Scientific Centre of Hygiene and Epidemiology named after Hamza Zhumatov. Almaty, Kazakhstan. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: September 12, 2016. DOI: 10.21103/Article6(3)_OA14
The results of a retrospective epidemiological analysis of the hepatitis A incidence among children in the studied territories showed no connection between the incidence rate and the ecological status of the territory. the strategic vaccination of children in areas of high endemicity is the most effective way to control HAV, or possibly to eliminate it.
- WHO. The Global Prevalence of Hepatitis A Virus Infection and Susceptibility: A Systematic Review. Available from: whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2010/WHO_IVB_10.01_eng.pdf.
- Nelson KE. Global changes in the epidemiology of hepatitis A virus infections.Clin Infect Dis. 2006 Apr 15;42(8):1151-2.
- WHO position paper on hepatitis A vaccines – June 2012.Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2012 Jul 13;87(28/29):261–76. [Article in English, French]
- Hepatitis A [WHO 2016]. Fact sheet, Updated July 2016 http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs328/en/
- Franco E, Meleleo C, Serino L, Sorbara D, Zaratti L. Hepatitis A: Epidemiology and prevention in developing countries.World J Hepatol. 2012 Mar 27;4(3):68-73.
- Shuratov IKh, Omarova MN, Kuatbaeva AM, et al. An analysis of the epidemiology of hepatitis A in Kazakhstan for 2005-2009 and measures for its improvement. Hygiene, Epidemiology and Immunology. //Гигиена, эпидемиология и иммунология. 2010;4:53-6.
- Dzhumagalieva AB, Shuratov IKh, Omarova MN, et al. Characteristics of the population incidence of viral hepatitis A in some urban areas of the Republic. Proceedings of the 8th International scientific-practical conference "Scientific achievements on the turn of the millennium. Prague, 2012;24:27-32.
- Resolution of the Supreme Council of RK of 18.01.1990 "On some measures to a radical transformation of the living conditions of the Aral Sea region population .".
- Mikhailov MI, Shakhgildyan IV, Onishchenko GG. Enteral viral hepatitis (etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention). M: FGOU VUNZ Rosszdrava, 2007:77-137.
- Dzhumagalieva AB, Shuratov IKh, Omarova MN, et al. Characteristics of the hepatitis A incidence in some urban areas of Kazakhstan. // Proceedings of the 8th Scientific Conference "Perspectives of Science and Technology”. M.: Meditsina, 2012;24:39-49.
- Omarova MN, Dzhumagalieva AB, Shuratov IKh. Changes in the epidemiological characteristics of hepatitis A as an indicator of the effectiveness of vaccination. Proceedings of the 18th International conference “Family Health — the 21 Century”. Israel, 2014:113.
- Omarova MN, Orakbay LZh, Shuratov IKh, Saparbekov MH. Biological factors affecting the health of the population in urban areas. // Proceedings of the 14th International Conference “Family Health — the 21 Century”. Rimini (Italy),2010:337-8.
- Shuratov IKh, Omarova MN, Kuatbaeva AM. Analysis of the effectiveness of vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases in Kazakhstan. // Proceedings of the 4th All-Russian Conference "Medical and physiological problems of human ecology". Ulyanovsk, 2014:308-9.
- Omarova M, Orakbay L, Shuratov I, Dzhumagalieva A, Zharkinov E, Kenzhebaeva A, Tyan A. Acute intestine infection and hepatitis A disease risk analysis in urban areas of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Medical and Health Science Journal (Prague). 2012;13:33-40.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2016;6(3):225-227. © 2016 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.