Applying Transpalpebral Rheoophthalmography to Monitor Effectiveness of the Treatment of Patients with Glaucoma
¹Biomedical Engineering Department, Bauman Moscow State Technical University; ²Moscow Helmholtz Research Institute of Eye Diseases; Moscow, the Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Dmitry Shamaev. Biomedical Engineering Department, Bauman Moscow State Technical University; Moscow, Russia. E-mail: email@example.com
Published: December 16, 2016. DOI: 10.21103/Article6(4)_OA8
Assessment of ocular hemodynamics is an important element in diagnosis of all forms of glaucoma. Existing methods, unlike the transpalpebral rheoophthalmography (TP-ROG), evaluate only the posterior eye segment. This study evaluates the opportunities of new TP-ROG technology to assess the effectiveness of the glaucoma treatment. The proposed TP-ROG method is characterized by ease of use and the lack of direct contact between the surface of the eyeball and the electrodes; this method is highly informative and quite accurate, which allows us to objectively assess the state of ocular hemodynamics in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Egorova EA. Glaucoma: the National Guide. M.: GEOTAR-Media; 2013:824 pp. [in Russian].
- Iomdina EN, Luzhnov PV, Shamaev DM, Tarutta EP, Kiseleva TN, Markosyan GA, et al. An evaluation of transpalpebral rheoophthalmography as a new method of studying the blood supply to the eye in myopia. Russian Ophthalmological Journal. 2014;7(4):20-4. [in Russian].
- Katznelson LA. Rheography of the eye. M:Medicine; 1977:120 pp. [in Russian].
- Luzhnov PV, Parashin VB, Shamaev DM, Iomdina EN, Markosyan GA, Napylova OA. Using the technique in tetrapolar rheoophthalmography to assess the blood supply of the eye. Biomeditsinskaya radioelektronika (Biomedical Radioelectronics). 2012;10:18-21. [in Russian].
- Iomdina EN, Markosyan GA, Napylova OA, Luzhnov PV, Parashin VB, Shamaev DM, et al. The possibility of using techniques transpalpebral rheoophthalmography for assessing the blood supply to the eye for myopia. The 6th Russian national Ophthalmological forum. Moscow, 2013;1:216-20. [in Russian].
- Lazarenko VI. Functional rheography of the eye. Krasnoyarsk: Raster; 2000:160 pp. [in Russian].
- Egorov EA, Kamenskih TG. Raigorodskii YM, Kolbenev IO, Kamensky ID. The results of the application of transcranial low intensity magnetic laser therapy in the treatment of patients with primary open-angle glaucoma. Russian Journal of Physiotherapy, Balneology and Rehabilitation. 2015;5:15-18. [in Russian].
- Nechipurenko NI, Pashkovskaya ID, Stepanova YI, Vasilewskaya LA. Mechanisms of action and biological effects of low-intensity laser radiation. Meditsinskie novosti. 2008;12:17-21. [in Russian].
- Luzhnov PV, Shamaev DM, Iomdina EN, Tarutta EP, Markosyan GA, Shamkina LA, et al. Transpalpebral tetrapolar reoophtalmography in the assessment of parameters of the eye blood circulatory system. Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk. 2015;70(3):372-7.
- Luzhnov PV, Pika TO, Shamaev DM. Developing the structure of a hardware and software system for quantitative diagnosis of microhemodynamics. Int J Biomed. 2015;5(4):228-30.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
Int J Biomed. 2016;6(4):287-289. © 2016 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.