Serum Level of Homocysteine and Perinatal CNS Lesions in Infants
Voronezh State Medical University named after N.N. Burdenko Voronezh, the Russian Federation
*Corresponding author: Olga N. Krasnorutskaja, PhD. Voronezh State Medical University named after N.N. Burdenko. Voronezh, the Russian Federation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: December 15, 2017. doi: 10.21103/Article7(4)_OA2
This study reports an assessment of adaptive possibilities of the central nervous system (CNS) in infants. The study shows how the homocysteine level depends on the severity of neurological deficit (ND) in infants, and how the serum homocysteine level changes during the various treatment regimens.
- Hagberg H, David Edwards A, Groenendaal F. Perinatal brain damage: The term infant. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;92(Pt A):102-12. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2015.09.011.
- Harteman JC, Groenendaal F, Benders MJ, Huisman A, Blom HJ, de Vries LS. Role of thrombophilic factors in full-term infants with neonatal encephalopathy. Pediatr Res. 2013 Jan;73(1):80-6. doi: 10.1038/pr.2012.150.
- Guo H, Chi J, Xing Y, Wang P. Influence of folic acid on plasma homocysteine levels & arterial endothelial function in patients with unstable angina. Indian J Med Res. 2009;129(3):279–84.
- Murray CJ, Lopez AD. The Global Burden of Disease: A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability from Disease, Injuries and Risk Factors in 1990 and projected to 2020. Harvard School of Publics Health, Boston, Mass, USA; 1996.
- Kevere L, Purvina S, Bauze D, Zeibarts M, Andrezina R, Rizevs A, et al. Elevated serum levels of homocysteine as an early prognostic factor of psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents. Schizophr Res Treatment. 2012;2012:373261. doi: 10.1155/2012/373261.
- Bolander-Gouaille C, Bottiglieri T. Homocysteine Related Vitamins and Neuropsychiatric Disorders. Springer, Paris, France, 2nd edition; 2007.
- Curro M, Gugliandolo A, Gangemi C, Risitano R, Ientile R, Caccamo D. Toxic effects of mildly elevated homocysteine concentrations in neuronal-like cells. Neurochem Res. 2014;39:1485–95. doi: 10.1007/s11064-014-1338-7.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(4):286-288. ©2017 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.