Medical Academy named after S.I. Georgievsky of Vernadsky CFU. Simferopol, Russia
*Corresponding author: Prof. Elena Shapovalova, PhD, ScD. Head of the Department of Histology & Embryology of the Medical Academy named after S.I. Georgievsky of Vernadsky CFU. Simferopol, Russia. E-mail: Shapovalova_L@mail.ru
Published: December 15, 2017. doi: 10.21103/Article7(4)_OA6
Background: The study of the morphological structure and the determination of macrophagal fraction (MF) in the newly formed epidermis and dermis on the 19th day after the transplantation of auto- and heterofibroblasts and a dermal equivalent with heterofibroblasts will allow determining the optimal method for ischemic wound healing.
Materials and Methods: The study was performed on 28 white mature mice of the C57/B1 line aged between 5 and 7 months. In an ischemic cutaneous wound, 0.4 ml of fibroblast suspension (1.33 million cells) and a dermal equivalent were transplanted. The biopsy material was embedded in paraffin and stained with H&E by the Weigert-Van Gieson method to visualize the elastic and collagen fibers. Macrophages were determined by monoclonal antibodies to CD68. On the 19th day of the healing of ischemic cutaneous wound, the wound healing process goes through the transition from the stage of proliferation with the granulation tissue formation into the stage of differentiation or fibrosis. The most positive for regenerative histogenesis and inflammation is the introduction of autofibroblasts. The most differentiated epidermis is formed after transplantation into the wound of the dermal equivalent with heterofibroblasts due to the presence of hairpieces in the form of formed hair follicles. The favorable effect of the dermal equivalent with heterofibroblasts differs from the influence of the autofibroblast suspension only by several percent: the thickness of the epidermis by 4.29%, the area of collagen fibers by 2.66%, and the area of the blood vessels by 4.04%. The most positive treatment for regenerative histogenesis and inflammation is the introduction of autofibroblasts. The most differentiated epidermis is formed after transplantation into the wound of the dermal equivalent with heterofibroblasts, due to the presence of pieces hair in the form of formed hair follicles.
Conclusion: The favorable effect of the dermal equivalent with heterofibroblasts differs from the influence of the autofibroblast suspension by only several percent: the thickness of the epidermis by 4.29%, the area of collagen fibers by 2.66%, and the area of the blood vessels by 4.04%.
- Govrin G. New method for treating hard-to-heal wounds: clinical experience with charged polystyrene microsphers. Wounds. 2010;6(4):52-61.
- Danilov RK. Wound process:Histogenetic basis. SPb.: VMedA; 2008: 380 pp. [in Russian].
- Khrupkin VI, Zubritskiy VF, Ivashkin AN. Dermatoplasty of wound defects. M: GEOTAR-Media; 2009: 102 pp. [in Russian].
- Vinnik YuS, Salmina AB, Drobushevskaya AI. Cellular technologies and tissue engineering in the treatment of long-term healing wounds. Vestnik eksperimental'noy i klinicheskoy khirurgii. 2011;4(2):392-397. [Article in Russian].
- Shapovalova EYu, Boyko TA, Baranovskiy YuG, Kharchenko SV., Yunsi GA. Morphological characteristics of the healing of an ischemic experimental wound on the 12th day after application of auto- and hetero-fibroblasts and dermal equivalent. Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatel'skiy zhurnal. 2017;62(8-3):151-5. [Article in Russian].
- Porter S. The role of the fibroblast in wound contraction and healing. Wounds. 2007;3(2):45-48.
- Zorin VL, Zorina AI, Petrakova OS, Cherkasov VR. Dermal fibroblasts for the treatment of skin defects. Geny & Kletki. 2009; 4(4): 26-40. [Article in Russian].
- Meleshina AV, Bystrova AS, Rogovaya OS, Vorotelyak EA, Vasil'ev AV, Zagaynova EV. Tissue engineering skin constructs and the use of stem cells to create skin equivalents (review). Sovremennye tekhnologii v meditsine. 2017;9(1):198-218. [Article in Russian].
- Baranovskiy YuG, Ilchenko FN., Shapovalova EYu. Method for modeling trophic ulcers in laboratory mice in the experimental model. Vestnik neotlozhnoy i vosstanovitel'noyk hirurgii. 2016; 1 (2): 259-261. [Article in Russian].
- Andreev DYu, Abramova NV, Blinova MI, Pinaev GP. Effectiveness of cutaneous plastics and dermal equivalent in the treatment of extensive ulcers of the tibia of mixed origin. Vestnik khirurgii im. I.I. Grekova. 2013;172 (1): 104-107. [Article in Russian].
- Dong X, Mao S, Wen H. Upregulation of proinflammatory genes in skin lesions may be the cause of keloid formation (Review). Biomed Rep. 2013;1(6):833–836.
- Vorotnikov AV, Suzdal'cova JuG, Rubcov JuP, Aniol NV, Gorjunov KV, Kudrjashova TV, et al. Directed migration and mesenchymal progenitor cells: participation in inflammation, repair and tissue regeneration. Stvolovye kletki i regenerativnaja medicina: Sbornik statej. M: MAKS Press. 2012: 62-97. [Article in Russian].
- Esfahani M, Movahedian A, Baranchi M, Goodarzi MT.Adiponectin: an adipokine with protective features against metabolic syndrome. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2015;18(5):430–42.
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(4):302-306. ©2017 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.