Results of Fetal Ultrasound Imaging and Doppler Ultrasound Study Depending on the Factors of Perinatal Risk in Preterm Birth
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(1):42-46.
Originally published March 15, 2018
Premature birth (PB) is associated with placental insufficiency, which is confirmed in the morphological study of the placenta. Ultrasonic markers of placental abnormalities, often preceding PB, have been identified: changes in placental structure, premature ripening of the placenta, oligohydramnios, and fetal-placental circulation.
- Pestrikova TU, Yurasova EA, Butko TM. and others. Pathomorphological characteristics of the individual links of the mother-placenta-fetus system in premature delivery. Akusherstvo i Ginekologiya. 2002; (3): 25-28.
- Sidelnikova VM, Antonov AG. Premature birth. Premature baby. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media; 2006.
- Berghella В, Rafael TJ, Szychowski JM, Rust OA, Owen J. Cerclage for short cervix on ultrasonography in women with singleton gestations and previous preterm birth: a meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol. 2011;117(3):663-71. PubMed
- World Health Organization (1992) International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. Tenth Revision. Vol 1: Tabular list. WHO, Geneva, 1992
- Radzinsky VE, Knyazev CA, IN Kostin. Obstetric risk. Maximum of information - Mminimum of danger to the mother and baby. M.: Eksmo; 2009, 290 pp. [in Russian].
- Grannum PA, Bercovitz RL, Hobbins JC. The ultrasonic changes in the maturing placenta and their relation to fetal pulmonic maturity. Am J Obstet Gynec. 1979;133(8):915-22. PubMed
- Bishop EH. Pelvic scoring for elective induction. Obst Ginecol. 1964;24(2):266–8.
- McCormick MC.The contribution of low birth weight to infant mortality and childhood morbidity. N Engl J Med. 1985 Jan 10;312(2):82-90. PubMed
- Hamilton BE1, Hoyert DL, Martin JA, Strobino DM, Guyer B. Annual summary of vital statistics: 2010-2011. Pediatrics. 2013 Mar;131(3):548-58. doi: 10.1542/peds.2012-3769. Epub 2013 Feb 11.
- World Health Organisation. Intrauterine growth retardation in newborn children. Available from: http://www.who.int/ceh/indicators/iugrnewborn.pdf (WHO, 2015).
- Ewing AC, Ellington SR, Shapiro-Mendoza CK, Barfield WD, Kourtis AP. Full-Term Small-for-Gestational-Age Newborns in the U.S.: Characteristics, Trends, and Morbidity. Matern Child Health J. 2017 Apr;21(4):786-796. doi: 10.1007/s10995-016-2165-z. PubMed
Received February 17, 2018.
Accepted March 3, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.