A Quantitative Assessment of the Morphofunctional Activity of the Population of Mast Cells Exposed to Biotechnological Strains of Microorganisms
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(2):150-154.
Originally published June 15, 2018
In order to assess the sensitizing properties of bacteria, micromycetes and actinomycetes, the morphofunctional activity of the population of mast cells was tested in rats exposed to biotechnological microorganisms. The result showed the high informative value of the test of peritoneal must cell degranulation. Both the result and the intensity of the response of mast cells to the exposure to the tested strains depend on the taxonomy of microorganisms, their concentration and the mode of inoculation. The test of peritoneal must cell degranulation can be recommended for assessing the biological safety of industrial microorganisms.
- Sheina NI, Budanova EV, Pivovarov YuP, Mjalina LI, Sazonova LP. Biosafety assessment of microbial strains used in biotechnology according to their taxonomy. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(1):51-56. Google Scholar
- Fedoseyeva VN, Poryadin GV, Kovalchuk LV, Cheredeev AN, Kogan VYu. A guide on immunological and allergological methods used in hygienic researches. Moscow: Promedek; 1993. [In Russian].
- Fedoseyeva VN, Molotilov BA, Larina ON. Bacterial allergy. Penza, 2004. [In Russian].
- Protsenko VA, Shpak SI, Dotsenko SM. Tissue basophils and basophilic granulocytes of the blood. Moscow: Meditsina; 1987. [In Russian].
- Lindner DP, Pobery IA, Rozkin MYa, Yefimov VS. Morphometric analysis of a population of the mast cells. Arkh Patol. 1980;62(6):60-64. [Article in Russian].
- Berezhnova LI, Petrova LP. [Dynamics of the must cell count and functional activity in the skin of guinea pigs as an index of mildly expressed allergic processes]. Vestn Dermatol Venerol. 1982; (12);56–60. [Article in Russian]. Google Scholar
- Duyeva LA, Karamysheva AV. [Reaction of specific degranulation of mesenterial mast cells of rats and guinea pigs as a new test used for the assessment of allergenic activity of chemicals]. Tox Vestn. 2001;4:19–23. [Article in Russian].
- Stone KD, Prussin C, Metcalfe DD. IgE, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125(2 Suppl 2):S73-80. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2009.11.017. PubMed
- Pawankar R, Yamagishi S, Takizawa R. Mast cell-IgE and mast cell-structural interactions in allergic airway disease. Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy. 2003;2(4):303-12. PubMed
Received March 18, 2018.
Accepted April 2, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.