Parameters of the Wrist Tapping using a Modification of the Original Method (Method of exogenous rhythmic stimulation influence on an individual human rhythm)
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(2):155-158.
Originally published June 15, 2018
The aim of the present research was to evaluate the main characteristics of tempo-rhythm in healthy adults.
Materials and methods: A total of 33 healthy adult volunteers (20 males and 13 females) participated in the study. The technique involved wrist tapping on the surface of the device (Android smartphone), followed by the registration of the time parameters of this process in the original program based on the modified technique “Method of exogenous rhythmic stimulation influence on an individual human rhythm.” The reference boundaries of the wrist tapping characteristics were studied.
Conclusion: The obtained data can be used in neurorehabilitation for patients with a wide range of neurological disorders, including epilepsy.
- Bykov YN. [Cerebral integrated mechanisms (Message 2)]. Siberian Medical Journal (Irkutsk). 2001;(2):4-9. [Article in Russian].
- Pogelt B, Roth N, Poget A. Automated rhythmic movements and their control under different experimental conditions. Biomed Biochim Аcta. 1984;43(4):485-491. PubMed
- Fress P. Perception and time evaluation. Moscow: Progress; 1978. [In Russian].
- Rudnev VA. Functional diagnostics and restoration of voluntary movements in the pathology of the central nervous system. Krasnoyarsk: Publishing house of Krasnoyarsk University; 1982. [In Russian].
- Narodova VV. Ontogenetic dynamics of individual rhythm of man. In: Efficiency of sanatorium-and-spa treatment in health resorts of the Krasnoyarsk Territory. Krasnoyarsk; 1991:117-119. [In Russian].
- Fajzulin ER, Bykov YN. [Rehabilitation in patients with cerebral ischemic stroke in out-patient department]. Siberian Medical Journal (Irkutsk). 2009;(5):20-23. [Article in Russian]. Google Scholar
- Narodov AA, Narodova VV. The course of traumatic brain disease in persons with aberrant development. In: Actual questions of craniocerebral trauma and other urgent pathology in injuries and diseases of the nervous system. Krasnoyarsk; 1990:1-3. [In Russian].
- Prokopenko SV, Rudnev VA, Bugaev AT. [Complex neurorehabilitation in the State Institution "Siberian District Center of the Ministry of Health of Russia"]. Siberian Medical Review. 2005;(1):50-52. [Article in Russian].
- Pohabov DV. Diagnosis and treatment of walking disorders in Parkinsonism. Abstract of ScD Thesis. Irkutsk; 2009. [In Russian].
- Narodova EA, Prokopenko SV, Narodova VV, Narodov AA. [Study of inner speech by means of language microarticulation registration in the healthy patients. Journal of New Medical Technologies]. 2012;(4):73-75. [Article in Russian].
- Prokopenko SV, Rudnev VA. [Krasnoyarsk scientific school of neurorehabilitation]. Siberian Medical Review. 2012;(6):104-106. [Article in Russian].
- Narodova EA, Shnayder NA, Narodova VV, Dmitrenko DV, Artyukhov IP. The Role of Non-Drug Treatment Methods in the Management of Epilepsy. International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(1):9-14. doi: 10.21103/Article8(1)_BR. Google Scholar
Received May 12, 2018.
Accepted May 30, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.