International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(2):115-117.
Originally published June 15, 2018
The aim of this research was to study the blood levels of protein oxidation products and superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and their relationship with lipid profile parameters in patients with coronary heart disease (CHD). In CHD patients, against a background of low SOD activity, the protein carbonyl content (PCC) level was significantly higher than in the control group. In addition, significant correlations were found between the indices of PCC, SOD activity, and lipid profile parameters. The determination of PCC parameters can serve as a good indicator of the severity of atherosclerosis.
- Rudakova DM, Veselovskaya NG, Chumakova CA. Coronary Atherosclerosis in Men with Metabolic Syndrome: Risk Factors and the Role of Myocardial Cytoprotective Agents. Doctor.Ru. 2017. 10(139): 15–20.
- Marzilli M, Merz CNB, Boden WE, Bonow RO, Capozza PG, Chilian WM, et al. Obstructive coronary atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease: an elusive link! J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60(11):951-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2012.02.082. PubMed
- Musthafa QA, Abdul Shukor MF, Ismail NAS, Mohd Ghazi A, Mohd Ali R, M Nor IF, et al. Oxidative status and reduced glutathione levels in premature coronary artery disease and coronary artery disease. Free Radic Res. 2017;51(9-10):787-798. doi: 10.1080/10715762.2017.1379602. PubMed
- Mahalakshmi A, Kurian GA. Evaluating the impact of diabetes and diabetic cardiomyopathy rat heart on the outcome of ischemia-reperfusion associated oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;118:35-43. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2018.02.021. PubMed
- Galkina E, Ley K. Immune and inflammatory mechanisms of atherosclerosis. Annu Rev Immunol. 2009;27:165–97. doi: 10.1146/annurev.immunol.021908.132620. PubMed
- Tedgui A, Mallat Z. Cytokines in atherosclerosis: pathogenic and regulatory pathways. Physiol Rev. 2006;86(2):515–81. PubMed
- Rajamäki K, Lappalainen J, Oörni K, Välimäki E, Matikainen S, Kovanen PT, Eklund KK. Cholesterol crystals activate the NLRP3 inflammasome in human macrophages: a novel link between cholesterol metabolism and inflammation. PLoS One. 2010 Jul 23;5(7):e11765. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0011765. PubMed
- Lankin VZ. [The role of free radicals in atherogenesis]. Kardiologicheskij Vestnik. 2009;1:62–63. [Article in Russian].
- Zanozina OV, Borovkov NN, Sherbatyuk TG. [Oxidized Modified Proteins in the Atherosclerosis Genesis at a Diabetes Mellitus of the 2nd Type]. Sovremennye tehnologii v medicine. 2009;2:72-75. [Article in Russian].
- Celi P, Gabai G. Oxidant/Antioxidant Balance in Animal Nutrition and Health: The Role of Protein Oxidation.Front Vet Sci. 2015;2:48. doi: 10.3389/fvets.2015.00048. eCollection 2015. PubMed
- Tikhomirova YuR, Kontorshchikova KN. [Indicators of lipid metabolism and oxidative modification of proteins in metabolic disorders]. Bioradicals and Antioxidants. 2015;2(1):62-66. [Article in Russian].
- Dalle-Donne I, Scaloni A, Giustarini D, Cavarra E, Tell G, Lungarella G, et al. Proteins as biomarkers of oxidative/nitrosative stress in diseases: the contribution of redox proteomics. Mass Spectrom Rev. 2005;24(1):55–99. PubMed
- Levine RL, Garland D, Oliver CN, Amici A, Climent I, Lenz AG, et al. Determination of carbonyl content in oxidatively modified proteins. Methods Enzymol. 1990;186:464–478. PubMed
- Dubinina EE, Burmistrov SO, Khodov DA, Porotov IG.[Oxidative modification of human serum proteins. A method of determining it]. Vopr Med Khim. 1995;41(1):24-6. [Article in Russian]. PubMed
- Bykova AA, Azizova OA, Dumikyan ASh, Shvachko AG, Sergienko VI, Syrkin AL. [Oxidative modification of fibrinogen in patients with ischemic heart disease]. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2015;(4 Sippl 1):24. [Article in Russian].
- Fomina MA, Abalenikhina YuV. Oxidative modification of tissue proteins by changing the synthesis of nitric oxide. Moscow: "GEOTAR-Media"; 2018. [In Russian].
Received April 3, 2018.
Accepted April 12, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.