The Importance of Clinical and Biochemical Markers in the Diagnosis of Disorders of the Psychomotor and Physical Development of Children who Underwent Perinatal CNS Lesions
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(2):129-133.
Originally published June 15, 2018
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the blood level of neurotrophic factors (S100 protein, nerve growth factor, L- homocysteine and angiotensin II) in the diagnosis of disorders of the psychomotor and physical development of children who underwent perinatal CNS lesions. A comprehensive approach to assessing the blood levels of neurotrophic factors, along with methods of neuroimaging in children in the first 6 months of the postnatal period, allows identification of the total result of multidirectional degenerative-reparative processes in the neurovascular components of CNS and construction of the diagnostically significant criteria of the severity of neuropathology, which determines the physical development of children in the first year of life.
- Afanasyeva NV, Strizhakov AV. [Outcomes of pregnancy and childbirth with fetoplacental insufficiency of various severity]. Problems of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Perinatology. 2004;3(2):7-13. [Article in Russian].
- Balakireva EA, Krasnorutskaya ON, Kalmykova GV. [Unresolved issues of pediatric neurology]. Scientific bulletins of Belgorod State University. Series: Medicine. Pharmacia. 2014;28.(24-1):5-7. [Article in Russian].
- Barashnev YuI. [Hypoxic encephalopathy: hypotheses of the pathogenesis of cerebral disorders and the search for methods of drug therapy]. Rossiyskiy Vestnik Perinatologii Pediatrii. 2002;1:6-13. [Article in Russian].
- Golosnaia GS. [The role of inhibitors of apoptosis in the diagnosis and prediction of outcomes of perinatal hypoxic brain lesions in newborns]. Pediatria. 2005; 84(3):30-35. [Article in Russian].
- Zhurba LT. Mastyukova EM. [Disturbances in the psychomotor development of children of the first year of life]. M.: Meditsina; 1981. [In Russian].
- Krasnorutckaya ON, Balakireva EA, Zu’kova AA, Dobrynina IS. [Assessment of Biochemical Markers of Perinatal Injuries of Central Nervous System in the Children]. Journal of New Medical Technologies. 2014;21(2):26-29. [Article in Russian].
- Lobanova LV. Hypoxic lesions of the brain in term infants - causes, pathogenesis, clinical and ultrasound diagnostics, prognosis and tactics of conducting children at an early age. Abstract of ScD Thesis. Ivanovo; 2000. [In Russian].
- Palchik AB, Shabalov NP. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy of newborns. 2nd ed. M: Medpressinform; 2009. [Article in Russian].
- Baturin AK, Keshabyants EE, Martinchik AN, Peskova EV. [Retrospective assessment of anthropometric measurements of children in Russia 1994–2012 according to the new WHO standards. Pediatria]. 2015;94(1):156-160. [Article in Russian].
- Esser S, Lampugnani MG, Corada M, Dejana E, Risau W. Vascular endothelial growth factor induces VE-cadherin tyrosine phophorylation in endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 1998;111(Pt 13):1853-65. PubMed
- Kainer F, Prechtl HF, Engale H, Einspieler C. Assessment of the quality of general movements in fetuses and infants of women with type-I diabetes mellitus. Early Hum Dev. 1997;50(1):13-25. PubMed
- WHO growth reference. WHO AnthroPlus software [Electroniс resourse]. Available at: http://www.who.int/growthref/tools/en/.
- de Onis M, Garza C, Onyango AW, Rolland-Cachera MF; le Comité de nutrition de la Société française de pédiatrie. [WHO growth standards for infants and young children]. Arch Pediatr. 2009;16(1):47-53. doi: 10.1016/j.arcped.2008.10.010. [Article in French]. PubMed
- Petrukhin AS. Neurology of childhood. M., 2004. [In Russian].
Received April 3, 2017.
Accepted May 14, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.