International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(3):182-185.
Originally published September 15, 2018
The aim of this research was to study the relationship between the indices of oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and chaperone activity of proteins with the severity of coronary atherosclerosis. In patients with coronary heart disease, we found gender-related differences in the severity of coronary atherosclerosis. Significant differences in the indices of oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and chaperone activity were revealed depending on the severity of coronary atherosclerosis and the type of atherosclerotic lesion. The determination of studied parameters can serve as a good indicator of the severity of coronary atherosclerosis.
- Ragino IuI, Cherniavskiĭ AM, Eremenko NV, Shakhtshneĭder EV, Polonskaia IaV, Tsymbal SIu, et al. [Key laboratory diagnostic biomarkers of coronary atherosclerosis]. Kardiologiia. 2011;51(3):42-6. [Article in Russian]. PubMed
- Vertkin AL, Topolyanskii AV. [The problem of hyperhomocysteinemia in cardiac patients]. Pharmateca. 2007.(15):10-14. [Article in Russian].
- Lvovskaya EI., Sakhankova EN. [The ratio of lipid peroxidation levels and oxidative modification of proteins in students aged 17-23 (Kungur)].Vestnik YuUrGU. 2012;(21):112-116. [Article in Russian].
- Musthafa QA, Abdul Shukor MF, Ismail NAS, Mohd Ghazi A, Mohd Ali R, M Nor IF, et al. Oxidative status and reduced glutathione levels in premature coronary artery disease and coronary artery disease. Free Radic Res. 2017 Oct;51(9-10):787-798. doi: 10.1080/10715762.2017.1379602. PubMed
- Zanozina OV, Borovkov NN, Sherbatyuk TG. [Oxidized Modified Proteins in the Atherosclerosis Genesis at a Diabetes Mellitus of the 2nd Type]. Sovremennye tehnologii v medicine 2009;(2):72–75. [Article in Russian].
- Bykova AA, Azizova OA, Dumikyan AS, Shvachko AG, Sergienko VI, Syrkin AL. [Oxidative modification of fibrinogen in patients with ischemic heart disease]. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2015;1(Suppl 1):24. [Article in Russian].
- Fomina MA, Abalenikhina YuV. Oxidative modification of tissue proteins at changing the synthesis of nitric oxide. Moscow: "GEOTAR-Media"; 2018. [in Russian].
- Wick G, Knoflach M, Xu Q. Autoimmune and inflammatory mechanisms in atherosclerosis. Annu Rev Immunol. 2017; 22:361–403. PubMed
- Cullingford TE, Wait R, Clerk A, Sugden PH. Effects of oxidative stress on the cardiac myocyte proteome: modifications to peroxiredoxins and small heat shock proteins. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2006;40(1):157-72. PubMed
- Ren J, Liu C, Zhao D, Fu J. The role of heat shock protein 70 in oxidant stress and inflammatory injury in quail spleen induced by cold stress. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2018;25(21):21011-21023. doi: 10.1007/s11356-018-2142-8. PubMed
- Davydchyk EV, Snezhitskiy VA, Nikonova LV. Relationship of hyperhomocysteinemia with coronary heart disease and diabetes mellitus. Journal of the Grodno State Medical University. 2015; (1):9-13.
- Cheng V, Gutstein A, Wolak A, Suzuki Y, Dey D, Gransar H, et al. Moving Beyond Binary Grading of Coronary Arterial Stenoses on Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography: Insights for the Imager and Referring Clinician. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2008;1(4):460-471. PubMed
- Ryan TJ, Bauman WB, Kennedy JW, Kereiakes DJ, King SB III, McCallister BD, et al. Guidelines for percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Assessment of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiovascular Procedures (Committee on Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty). J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993 Dec;22(7):2033-54. PubMed
- Levine RL, Garland D, Oliver CN, Amici A, Climent I, Lenz AG, et al. Determination of carbonyl content in oxidatively modified proteins. Methods Enzymol. 1990;186:464–478. PubMed
- Dubinina EE, Burmistrov SO, Khodov DA, Porotov IG. [Oxidative modification of human serum proteins. A method of determining it].Vopr Med Khim. 1995;41(1):24-6. [Article in Russian]. Google Scholar
- Lelj-Garolla B, Mauk AG. Self-association and chaperone activity of Hsp27 are thermally activated. J Biol Chem. 2006;281(12):8169-74. PubMed
Received May 7, 2018.
Accepted May 17, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.