International Journal of Biomedicine. 2018;8(4):347-350.
Originally published December 15, 2018
The purpose of this study was to investigate the electrophoretic mobility of red blood cells (RBCs), cytomorphological and cytogenetical indices in exfoliated buccal epithelial cells of rats during the development of stress reaction.
Experiments were carried out on 60 white non-pedigree pubescent rats weighing 180-220g. Both the single and the repeated adrenalin injections provoked a decrease in the level of the RBC electrophoretic mobility. With a single adrenalin injection, the changes in RBC electrophoretic mobility are not so abrupt, with the subsequent development of the adaptive response and reparation of cytogenetic damage. With repeated adrenalin injections, the changes in RBC electrophoretic mobility are abrupt, and the number of pathological epithelial cells increases.
- Cohen S, Kessler RC, Gordon LU. Strategies for measuring stress in studies of psychiatric and physical disorders. In: Cohen S, Kessler RC, Gordon LU, editors. Measuring stress: A guide for Health and Social Scientists. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1995.
- Oken BS, Chamine I, Wakeland W. A systems approach to stress, stressors and resilience in humans. Behav Brain Res. 2015;282:144-54. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2014.12.047. PubMed
- Maslova MN. [Molecular mechanisms of stress]. Ross Fiziol Zh Im IM Sechenova. 2005;91(11):1320-8. [Article in Russian]. PubMed
- McEwen BS. Central effects of stress hormones in health and disease: Understanding the protective and damaging effects of stress and stress mediators. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;583(2-3):174-85. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2007.11.071. PubMed
- Goldstein DS. Adrenal responses to stress. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010 Nov;30(8):1433-40. doi: 10.1007/s10571-010-9606-9. PubMed
- Krylov VN, Deryugina АV, Pleskova SN. [Electrophoretic mobility and morphometry of the rat erythrocytes at the stress effects]. Sovremennye Tehnologii v Medicine. 2010;4:23-7. [Article in Russian].
- Krylov VN, Deriugina АV, Konstantinova АI. [Electrophoretic mobility and activity of Na,K-ATPase of erythrocytes in rats under stress]. Ross Fiziol Zh Im IM Sechenova. 2014;100(11):297-302. [Article in Russian]. PubMed
- Dunn AJ, Ando T, Brown RF, Berg RD. HPA axis activation and neurochemical responses to bacterial translocation from the gastrointestinal tract. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2003;992:21-9. PubMed
- Holland JW, Pottinger TG, Secombes CJ. Recombinant interleukin-1 beta activates the hypothalamic-pituitary-interrenal axis in rainbow trout, oncorhynchus mykiss. J Endocrinol. 2002;175(1):261-7. PubMed
- Korochkina EA. [Morphofunctional status of testis and adrenal glands of rats in stress-related conditions]. Genetics and breeding of animals. 2014; 3: 28-31.[Article in Russian].
- Levinsky MV, Kalaev VN, Butorina АK. [The analysis of the contents of cells with micronuclei in buccal epithelium and the level of serum antibodies among children and adults living in various areas of the city of Kishinev]. Kursk Scientific and Practical Bulletin "Man and His Health". 2008;2:12-7.[Article in Russian].
- Vovk YR, Linnik MS, Morozova EN, Morozov VN. [The Structural Features of the Buccal Epithelium in Indian Female Students in the Different Phases of the Menstrual Cycle]. Journal of Anatomy and Histopathology. 2016;5(3):13-16. [Article in Russian].
- Yurchenko VV, Podolsk MA, Ingel FI, Krivtsova EK, Belyaev NN, Nedachin AE, et al. Micronucleus test in human buccal epithelial cells. In: Multiorgan micronucleus test in environmental and hygienic studies. M.: Genius; 2007. M.: Genius, 2007. [In Russian].
- Deryugina AV, Ivashchenko MN, Ignatiev PS, Samodelkin AG, Belov AA, Gushchin VA. The evaluation of genotoxic effects in buccal epithelium under disorders of adaption status of organism. Russian Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics. 2018;63(5):290-92.
- Kozinets GI. Blood tests and urine tests. Clinical significance. M.: Prakticheskaya meditsina; 2008. [In Russian].
- Kalaev VN, Nechaeva MS, Kalaeva EА. Micronucleus test in buccal epithelium of the human oral cavity. Voronezh: Izdatel'skij dom VGU; 2016. [In Russian].
- Kamshilova TB, Mikryakov VR, Mikryakov DV. [The effect of cortisol analogue and transport stress on the incidence of micronuclei in peripheral erythrocytes of the sterlet (Acipenser ruthenus L)]. Inland Water Biology. 2013;2:94-6. [Article in Russian]. Google Scholar
Received August 3, 2018.
Accepted October 15, 2018.
©2018 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.