International Journal of Biomedicine. 2019;9(2):102-105.
Originally published June 15, 2019
The research objective was to study the association of the ACE gene I/D polymorphism with essential hypertension (EH) and metabolic risk factors among indigenous people of the northern territory of Yakutia.
The obtained data show that representatives of indigenous people of the North of Yakutia with the ACE ID genotype are characterized with high levels of systolic blood pressure. The carriage of DD genotype in EH patients is associated with a high frequency of hypercholesterolemia and hyper-LDL cholesterolemia. The carriage of ID genotype in EH patients, compared to subjects without EH, is characterized by higher blood levels of TC, LDL-C, TG, and FPG and associated with a high frequency of obesity. Thus, the ACE I/D polymorphism was found to be associated with metabolic risk factors in indigenous EH patients of the North of Yakutia.
- Appel LJ; American Society of Hypertension Writing Group, Giles TD, Black HR, Izzo JL Jr, Materson BJ, Oparil S, Weber MA. ASH Position Paper: Dietary approaches to lower blood pressure. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2009 Jul;11(7):358-68. doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2009.00136.x.
- Oganov RG, Timofeeva TN, Koltunov IE, Konstantinov VV, Balanova YA, Kapustina AV, et al. [Arterial hypertension epidemiology in Russia; the results of 2003-2010 federal monitoring]. Cardiovascular Therapy and Prevention. 2011;10(1):9-13. [Article in Russian].
- Oparil S1, Zaman MA, Calhoun DA. Pathogenesis of hypertension. Ann Intern Med. 2003 Nov 4;139(9):761-76.
- Messerli FH1, Williams B, Ritz E. Essential hypertension. Lancet. 2007 Aug 18;370(9587):591-603.
- Nakayama T1. [Genetic factors of hypertension]. Rinsho Byori. 2013 Feb;61(2):144-9. [Article in Japanese]
- Natekar A, Olds RL, Lau MW, Min K, Imoto K, Slavin TP. Elevated blood pressure: Our family's fault? The genetics of essential hypertension. World J Cardiol. 2014 May 26;6(5):327-37. doi: 10.4330/wjc.v6.i5.327.
- Fox CS1, Heard-Costa NL, Vasan RS, Murabito JM, D'Agostino RB Sr, Atwood LD; Framingham Heart Study. Genomewide linkage analysis of weight change in the Framingham Heart Study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Jun;90(6):3197-201.
- Penesova A, Cizmarova E, Kvetnansky R, Koska J, Sedlakova B, Krizanova O. Insertion/deletion polymorphism on ACE gene is associated with endothelial dysfunction in young patients with hypertension. Horm Metab Res. 2006 Sep;38(9):592-7.
- Zivko M, Kusec R, Galesić K. Impact of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism on proteinuria and arterial hypertension. Coll Antropol. 2013 Sep;37(3):765-70.
- Irijanto F, Rahajeng H, Kamajaya S, Sja’bani M, Sadewa A, Tomino Y. High D Allele Frequency of ACE I/D Gene Polymorphism in Familial Hypertension in Javanese Indonesian. Juntendo Medical Journal, 2012. 58(3): 224-230.
- Kotlovsky MYu, Kotlovskaya OS, Osedko OYa, Kirichenko DS, Pokrovsky AA, Osedko AV, et al. Gene polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme in people with hypertension and chronic IHD. Fundamentalnye issledovania. 2011;11-1:49-52.
- Strazzullo P, Iacone R, Iacoviello L, Russo O, Barba G, Russo P, et al.; Olivetti Prospective Heart Study. Genetic variation in the renin-angiotensin system and abdominal adiposity in men: the Olivetti Prospective Heart Study. Ann Intern Med. 2003 Jan 7;138(1):17-23.
- Grigor'eva, L.V. Molecular-genetic study of myocardial infarction in the Yakut population. PhD Thesis. Ufa; 2006.[In Russian].
- Metabolic syndrome diagnostics and treatment. Compilation of national recommendations. Moscow: Silicea-Poligraf Publishers; 2009:106–143. [In Russian].
- IDF Consensus Worldwide Definition of the Metabolic Syndrome, 2006. Available from: https://www.idf.org/e-library/consensus-statements/60-idfconsensus-worldwide-definitionof-the-metabolic-syndrome
- Whelton PK, Carey RM, Aronow WS, Casey DE Jr, Collins KJ, Dennison Himmelfarb C, et al. 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018;71(19):e127-e248. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2017.11.006.
- Bhavani BA, Padma T, Sastry BK, Krishna Reddy N, Nausheenm K. The Insertion I/ Deletion D polymorphism of Angiotensin- Converting Enzyme (ACE) Gene Increase the Susceptibility to Hypertension and / or Diabetes. Int J Hum Genet. 2017;5(4):247-252.
- Randhawa NK, Kumar A, Matharoo K, Bhanwer AS. Association Study of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Ins/Del Polymorphism with Hypertension in Punjabi Population. Int J Hum Genet. 2006;6:317-321. D
- Sameera AS, Syeeda N, Takc S, Bashird S, Nissara S, Siddiqi M. ACE I/D Polymorphism in Hypertensive Patients of Kashmiri Population. Cardiology Research. 2010;1(1):1-7.
- Sun F, He N, Zhang K, Wu N, Zhao J, Qiu C. Association of ACE gene A2350G and I/D polymorphisms with essential hypertension in the northernmost province of China. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2018;40(1):32-38. doi: 10.1080/10641963.2017.1291659.
Received March 11, 2019.
Accepted April 19, 2019.
©2019 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.