International Journal of Biomedicine. 2019;9(3):216-219.
Originally published September 15, 2019
The purpose of this study was to determine T1D-susceptible HLA DR-DQ haplotypes in Yakuts using 3 single nucleotide polymorphisms (rs3104413C/G, rs2854275G/T and rs9273363A/C). A total of 92 patients with a verified diagnosis of T1D (Group 1) were examined. The comparison group consisted of 210 people (Group 2) without autoimmune diseases and without hereditary predisposition. All participants were Yakuts by ethnicity.
According to the results of genotyping, it was established that the haplotype DRB1*03:01-DQA1*05:01-DQB1*02:01 corresponds to the rs3104413C/C-rs2854275T/T combination and the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/T-rs9273363C/C combination. DRB1*04:01–DQA1*03:01-DQB1*03:02 haplotype (DR4-DQ8) is the rs3104413G/G-rs9273363A/C combination, the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/G-rs9273363A/C combination, and the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/G-rs9273363A/A combination. DR3/4-DQ8 haplotype is the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/T-rs9273363A/A combination and the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/T-rs9273363A/C combination. DRB1*04:01-DQA1*03:01-DQB1*03:01 haplotype is the rs3104413G/G-rs9273363C/C combination, the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/G-rs9273363C/C combination, and the rs3104413C/G-rs2854275G/T-rs9273363C/C combination. A combination of rs3104413C/C with rs2854275G/G was characterized by the absence of DR3 and DR4, which may be due to the presence of a different genetic variant in these individuals. A combination of rs3104413C/C with rs2854275G/T was characterized by the presence of only one type of DR3 and a variant of the type that does not belong to either DR3 or DR4. An analysis of the evaluation of the effectiveness of a diagnostic test using the Youden index demonstrated significance for all combinations of genotypes of the studied polymorphisms.
- Steck AK, Rewers MJ. Genetics of type 1 diabetes. Clin Chem. 2011;57(2):176-85. doi: 10.1373/clinchem.2010.148221.
- Concannon P, Rich SS, Nepom GT. Genetics of type 1A diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2009 Apr 16;360(16):1646-54. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra0808284.
- Noble JA, Valdes AM. Genetics of the HLA region in the prediction of type 1 diabetes. Curr Diab Rep. 2011 Dec;11(6):533-42. doi: 10.1007/s11892-011-0223-x.
- Morran MP, Vonberg A, Khadra A, Pietropaolo M. Immunogenetics of type 1 diabetes mellitus. Mol Aspects Med. 2015;42:42–60. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2014.12.004
- Titovich EV, Kuraeva TL, Danilova GI, Alekseev LP, Boldyreva MN, Nikitin AN, et al. [Association of type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM1) with polymorphic alleles of HLA class II genes in the Yakutian and Russian populations] Diabetes mellitus. 2009;12(3):26-32. [Article in Russian].
- Patterson CC, Dahlquist GG, Gyürüs E, Green A, Soltész G; EURODIAB Study Group. Incidence trends for childhood type 1 diabetes in Europe during 1989–2003 and predicted new cases 2005–20: a multicentre prospective registration study. Lancet. 2009;373(9680):2027-33. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(09)60568-7.
- Dedov II, Shestakova MV, Kuraeva TL, Titovich EV, Nikonova TV. [Nosological heterogeneity, molecular genetics and immunology of autoimmune diabetes mellitus]. Annals of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. 2015;70(2):132-138. [Article in Russian].
- Nguyen C, Varney MD, Harrison LC, Morahan G. Definition of high-risk type 1 diabetes HLA-DR and HLA-DQ types using only three single nucleotide polymorphisms. Diabetes. 2013;62(6):2135–40. doi:10.2337/db12-1398
- Solov'eva NA, Kurtanov HA, Pavlova NI, D'jakonova AT, Filippova NP, Aleksandrova TN. [Association of DRB1, DQA1, DQB genes of the HLA class II system with the development of type 1 diabetes in the Yakut population]. Modern problems of science and education. 2019;2. URL: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=28721. [Article in Russian].
- Pavlova NI, Kurtanov HA, D'jakonova AT, Solov'eva NA, Sydykova LA, Aleksandrova TN, Filippova NP, Nikiforova ME, Dodohov VV.
[Association of type 1 diabetes mellitus with polymorphic alleles of HLA class II genes in the Yakut population]. Modern problems of science and education. 2019;1. URL: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=28568. [Article in Russian].
Received August 1, 2019.
Accepted August 20, 2019.
©2019 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.