International Journal of Biomedicine. 2019;9(3):228-232.
Originally published September 15, 2019
The aim of this study was to assess the anthropometric and physiometric indicators with an analysis of the body composition of young Yakuts of early and late puberty, living in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (RS(Y)).
Materials and Methods: A total of 184 indigenous youths aged from 14 to 17 years, permanently residing in RS(Y), were examined. The study used generally accepted methods: anthropometry, dynamometry, spirometry, caliperometry, and body composition assessment by bioelectrical impedance analysis.
Results: Among Yakut youth living in RS(Y), an increase in musculoskeletal mass and a decrease in fat mass was observed in groups aged 14 to 17. In the period from 14 to 17 years, Yakut youth show significantly increased indicators of dynamometry, deadlift and vital lung capacity. The data above are accompanied by a decrease in the indicators of the content of fat mass and an increase in lean body mass, musculoskeletal mass and body cell mass. There is growth not only in skeletal muscles and skeleton, but also in the mass of internal organs. The data obtained will be used to develop an interval classification of body composition parameters for males of different ages in order to develop standards of physical development specifically for people living in RS(Y).
- Chaplygina EV, Aksenova OA, Vartanova OT, Nor-Arevyan KA, Evtushenko AV. Modern concepts about the human’s constitution and its implications for medicine. Modern problems of science and education. 2014:5. [Article in Russian].
- Tikhonov DA, Mirin AA, Khayrullin RM. Interrelation of genitometric and somatometric indicators of youths and young men as conjugate predictors for reproductive function. Proceedings of the 9th Congress "Men's Health". St. Petersburg, RS "Men's Health"; 2013:312-314. [Article in Russian].
- Kolokoltsev MM. Anthropometric and physiometric characteristics of 17–20-year-old males with different development types: Modern problems of science and education. 2017:6:53. [Article in Russian].
- On the all-Russian system for monitoring the state of physical health of the population, physical development of children, adolescents and youth. Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation dated December 29, 2001 N 916 [In Russian].
- Tutelyan VA, Nikityuk DB, Klochkova SV, Alekseeva NT, Rassulova MA, Pogonchenkova IV, et.al. Using the integrated method anthropometry in sports and clinical practice. M.: “Sport”; 2017. [In Russian].
- Belikova RM, Gainanova NK, Pyatunina OI. Methodology and evaluation of the results of anthropometric studie. Biysk: The Shukshin Altai State Humanities Pedagogical University; 2008: 11-16, 26-35. [In Russian].
- Rudnev SG, Soboleva, NP, Sterlikov SA, Nikolaev DV, Starunova OA, Chernykh SP, et al. Bioimpedance study of body composition in the Russian population. M.: RIO TSNIIOIZ, 2014. [In Russian].
- Baranov AA, Kuchma VR, Skoblina NA. The physical development of children and adolescents at the turn of the millennium. M.: Child Health Research Center of RAS; 2016. [In Russian].
- Selberg O, Selberg D. Norms and correlates of bioimpedance phase angle in healthy human subjects, hospitalized patients, and patients with liver cirrhosis. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2002;86(6):509-16
- Khrushcheva UV, Zubenko AD, Chedia ES. Verification and description of age-related variability of bioimpedance assessments of body metabolism. Proceedings of the scientific-practical conference "Diagnosis and treatment of the cardiovascular system disorders”. Moscow; 2009: 353–7. [In Russian].
- Omzar OS, Gritsinskaya VL. Comparative characteristics of somatometric indicators of schoolchildren of the indigenous population of Asia: Issues of preserving and developing the health of the population of the North and Siberia. Proceedings of the scientific and practical conference. Krasnoyarsk, 2010:58–59. [In Russian].
- Degtyareva TG, Guryevа АВ. Some aspects of anatomical and anthropological studies of the male population of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia): Modern problems of science and education. 2015:3:118. [Article in Russian].
- Uchakina RV, Filippova VV, Solovyova МI, Kozlov VK. Physical and sexual development of girls living in various ecological zones of the Amur Region and Yakutia. Bulletin of Physiology and Pathology of Respiration. 2004: 19: 42-46. [Article in Russian].
- Miller VA, Kozakevich NV, Kozlovsky AA. A centile method for assessing the harmony of the physical development of schoolchildren in Gomel. Problems of Health and Ecology. 2012:3(33):17-22. [Article in Russian].
- Lopatina OV. Trends in the physical and sexual development of older schoolchildren living in a large industrial city. Proceedings of the First All-Russian Scientific-Practical Conference. Chelyabinsk; 2000:55-56. [Abstract in Russian].
- Chumlea WC, Guo SS, Kuczmarski RJ, Flegal KM, Johnson CL, Heymsfield SB, et al. Body composition estimates from NHANES III bioelectrical impedance data. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002;26(12):1596-609.
Received August 12, 2019.
Accepted September 4, 2019.
©2019 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.