International Journal of Biomedicine. 2019;9(4):370-372.
Originally published December 15, 2019
Gastrostomy is one of the main palliative surgical methods for restoring enteral nutrition. The aim of the study was to develop a new method of gastrostomy that reduces the frequency of complications. The prototype for the described method is Depage-Janeway gastrostomy with use of the GIA stapler. The proposed method is characterized by the use of polypropylene mesh. This provides a tight attachment of the wall of the stomach to the anterior abdominal wall, which reduces the risk of complications.
- Fávaro GM, Filho TF, Coca DS, Cunha MA, Sato Uemura R, Furuya Júnior CK, Aparício D, Artifon ELA. Endoscopic gastrostomy: critical analysis in a regional referral hospital. Rev Gastroenterol Peru. 2017;37(1):33-38.
- Qureshi AZ, Jenkins RM, Thornhill TH. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy versus nasogastric tube feeding during neurorehabilitation. Neurosciences (Riyadh). 2016;21(1):69-71. doi: 10.17712/nsj.2016.1.20150013.
- Thompson CC, Abu Dayyeh BK, Kushner R, Sullivan S, Schorr AB, Amaro A, et al. Percutaneous Gastrostomy Device for the Treatment of Class II and Class III Obesity: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112(3):447-457. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2016.500.
- Witzel O. Zur technic der magenstelanlegung. Zentralbl Chir.1891:18:601.
- Barykin AS, Kozin SM, Savvin VYu, Dobrodeev SA, Vakhonin AYu. [Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy]. Endoscopic surgery. 2007;(1):115-6.[Article in Russian].
- Lee SP, Lee KN, Lee OY, Lee HL, Jun DW, Yoon BC, Choi HS, Kim SH. Risk factors for complications of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy. Dig Dis Sci. 2014;59(1):117-25. doi: 10.1007/s10620-013-2891-7.
- WHO. Planning and implementing palliative care services: a guide for program managers. Copenhagen: World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe; 2018.
- Bazaev AV, Goshadze KA, Malov AA,Yanyshev AA. [Migration of Polypropylene Mesh Into the Abdominal Cavity after Hernia Repair of Recurrent Postoperative Ventral Hernia (Clinical Case)]. Journal of New Medical Technologies. 2016;(1):59-61. [Article in Russian].
- Kasymov AA, Musaev US. [Results of surgical treatment of patients with strangulated postoperative ventral hernias using with polypropylene mesh]. Privolzhsky Nauchnyi Vestnik. 2016;11(63):54-57. [Article in Russian].
- Zvyagina NM, Kudrenko SS, Antonov OV. [Life quality as an efficiency criterion on assessment of medical and rehabilitational programs]. Journal of Siberian Medical Sciences. 2015;(6):30. [Article in Russian].
Received November 5, 2019.
Accepted December 8, 2019.
©2019 International Medical Research and Development Corporation.