Anthropometric Characteristics of Young Women in Yakutia, Depending on the Type of Sexual Dimorphism and Ethnos
M. K. Ammosov North-Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia
*Corresponding author: Vilyuia A. Alekseeva, PhD. M. K. Ammosov North-Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia. E-mail: email@example.com
Published: September 16, 2017. doi: 10.21103/Article7(3)_OA14
The aim of this study was to assess the anthropometric data of girls and young women in Yakutia, depending on the type of sexual dimorphism and ethnos.
The study included 2,081 girls and young women aged from 16 to 20 years. All those examined were born and permanently resided in the territory of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia); among them there were 1284 Yakuts and 797 Russians.
Anthropometric measurements were carried out according to the method of V.V. Bunak (1941), adopted in the Institute of Anthropology of MSU. Absolute values of the main components of the body (the total amount of fat, muscle tissue, bone tissue) were calculated by the formula Matiegka (1921). The body type was determined in accordance with the Tanner index. Statistical analysis was performed using statistical software package SPSS version 17.0 (SPSS Inc, Chicago, IL) The data obtained, depending on the type of sexual dimorphism, indicate the different maturation rates of the morphofunctional structures in Yakut and Russian women in the extreme natural climatic conditions of Yakutia.
1. Sheldon WH, Stevens SS, Tucker WB. The varieties of human physique an introduction to constitutional psychology. The 1st Ed. New York: Harper & Brothers; 1940.
2. TANNER JM. Current advances in the study of physique. Photogrammetric anthropometry and an androgyny scale. Lancet. 1951;1(6654):574-9.
3. Gorodkova EV, Litvinova TA. [Features of Physical Development of Women-Students in Age Aspect]. Vestnik Novikh Meditsinskikh Tekhnologii. 2009;16(4):64-6. [Article in Russian].
4. Firsova IV, Tretyakova KV. [Age-related changes in the anthropometric parameters of the body and head of Saratov women]. Morphology. 2009; 136(4):143-4. [Article in Russian]
5. Gladkaya VS, Medvedeva NN. [Characteristics of the physical development of women of adolescence living in the Republic of Khakassia]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya.2016;(6):165..[Article in Russian].
6. Uchakina RV, Filippova VV, Solov’eva MI, Kozlov VK. [Physical and sexual development of girls living in different ecological zones of Priamurye and Yakutia]. Bulletin Physiology and Pathology of Respiration. 2004;19:42–46. [Article in Russian].
7. Guryeva AB, Alekseeva VA. [Ethno-constitutional features of the formation of menstrual function in girls in the central region of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)]. Fundamentalnie issledovaniia. 2013;11(1):48–50. [Article in Russian].
8. Guryeva AB, Alekseyeva VA, Petrova PG. Characteristics of the anthropometric measures and biological age of girls of Yakut ethnicity depending on tanner's index. Wiad Lek. 2016;69(3 pt 2):471-474.
9. Bunak VV. Anthropometry: a practical course. M.: State Educational and pedagogical Publishing House of the Ministry of Education of the RSFSR;1941.
10. Issaakson B. A simple formula for the mental arithmetic of human body surface area. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1958;10(3):283-9.
11. Matiegka J. The testing of physical efficiency. Am J Phys Anthropol. 1921;4(3):223–230.
12. Tanner JM. Education and Physical growth. London: University of London Press; 1961.
13. Artyukhov IP, Gorbach NA, Lisnyak MA. [Human capital and health: the formulation of the problem]. Sibirskoe meditsinskoe obozrenie. 2008; 49(1): 3-9. [Article in Russian].
14. Lopatina LA, Serezhenko NP, Anokhin ZhA. Anthropometric characteristics of girls according to the classification of J. Tanner. Fundamentalnie issledovaniia. 2013; 12(3):504-8. [Article in Russian].
15. Trolukova AN, Trolukova EN, Uvarova EV. [Features of physical development and puberty of girls living in extreme natural and climatic conditions of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)]. Pediatric and adolescent reproductive health. 2012; 1: 76-88. [Article in Russian].
16. Yusupov RD, Nikolaev VG, Sindeeva LV, Alyamovsky VV, Kazakova GN, Anisimov MM. [Ethnic features of somatometric and kefalometric parameters of women in Eastern Siberia]. Fundamentalnie issledovaniia. 2013; 7 (1): 207-212. [Article in Russian].
17. Nikolaev VG, Sindeeva LV, Nikolenko VN, Kazakova GN, Gur’eva AB. [Peculiarities of the physical development of women in different climatogeographic zones of the Russian Federation]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2015; 3: 218. [Article in Russian].
18. Kolokoltsev MM, Zver’kova VA. [Features of the manifestation of motor qualities in the students of the university with the Tanner index taken into account]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2016;6:383. [Article in Russian].
The fully formatted PDF version is available.
International Journal of Biomedicine. 2017;7(3):231-235. ©2017 International Medical Research and Development Corporation. All rights reserved.